Monday, November 27, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday




Let's join in with Sandra here.

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Hubs fixed my regular coffee with salted caramel creamer..  love it!!! He, also, made my usual fruited  yogurt dish with oat  granola.

Right now I am:::: 
It seems  I accrued many loose ends over the  Thanksgiving break  to  tie up this morning...been on the phone   taking  to  the  Medical center  receptionist  to get  some answers  from a nurse regarding  the upcoming care of my skin graft...  (it is like   caring for a Preemie baby!)  And getting some future appts.  lined up..
Also,  taking advantage of Cyber Monday deals!
The weather outside::::
This week the temps will be mild   high  50's   to 60  with cooler nights...  and sunshiny  days.. So glad  tomorrow I can start using sunscreen on my new nose!!!

Looking around the house::::
I am about halfway  finished decorating for Christmas.. I am so excited  the garland I  wanted so badly for the fireplace was  originally seen at Plow and Heart...
Main image for Fairfax Lighted Decorated Holiday Garland
This is what  I have instead...

but it was   $ 100.00, and I was having a hard time justifying it.  Then I found  a very  great  alternative....here locally,  for $59.00,  and  we  got that!!!


This season I will enjoy  my  mantel wall instead of a tree!!!

On this week's to do list::::
Laundry.....a couple basket loads  of laundry ... 
Cleaning.....vacuuming, dusting, general pickup

Cooking....I am loving we have Chinese leftovers,   smoked turkey  and Havarti dainty sandwiches for lunch,  tastes perfect with my leftover  cranberry sauce!  Then  I am planning on  split pea soup tomorrow

Currently reading::::
Bible~ book of Mark
I Peter chapter 3-4

On the TV ::::

The last episode of Blue bloods  recorded to watch
Cds of the British detective series, George Gently.. we watch  an episode  each evening
I enjoy the Christmas Hallmark movies
I loved the Christmas Train

On the menu this week::::
Monday -Chinese take out
Tuesday - split pea soup
Wednesday - chef salad with chicken strips


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Start addressing Christmas cards

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::

Marie Rayner's  Sticky Lemon Chicken
Check her face book page here.



Looking forward to this week::::
it is so wonderful to  be two weeks out from my  skin graft surgery and into phase 2 of its care...  now  we  are  into    silicon gel which protects  it    and  provides  the    care  to  heal the  resulting scarring and discoloration  and  the application of sunscreen... I feel  really blessed to be  this far along with my  recovery after 2 and 1/2 months!

Favorite photo from the camera::::
 photo IMG_0815_zpsbrt1d2pw.jpg

Memory of  our first Christmas with our first granddaughter, Birdie!!!


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::::



6 comments:

  1. Your Christmas mantle is beautiful! Are you finding any deals today? I've not been overly impressed so far. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI, Jean, Actually, I did quite a bit of shopping today.. Got my daughter all set up set up with online deals...I also found some v neck tees I need for my nose's sake hahaha at 30% off at Appleseeds online!

      Delete
  2. I so enjoyed reading your blog and your pictures are just beautiful! Continued prayers health and healing are headed your way as time draws closer to the date of your surgery and I pray that you have a great week ahead! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Mantel! Hoping for a quick recovery for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are lovely! Good luck with your graft and recovery. I just watched the Christmas Train and LOVED it too! Have a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas décor is beautiful. the photo of your grandbaby at Thanksgiving is so cute-such great memories. that lemon chicken looks scrumptious, I will be trying it. Happy December

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...