Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Tuesday 4 Marriage

Marriage


 Welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor and memory of Toni Taddeo.

Hosted by Annie!


                 Marriage...

1. How did you meet your husband/wife?  Hubs and I met 

in High School,  senior year in economics class.On the first 

day the teacher  seated us in alphabetical order and we 

 ended up beside one another..I immediately noticed how

 clean and trim he was   and really admired his polished shoes.  One day soon I asked him to borrow is pen and Ive been borrowing it

 ever since!
2. How did you know he/she was “the one”?  Hubs was raised to be sincere, 

trustworthy,  polite and  respectful  of everyone.  Even though he was shy

  with others, he opened up with me. And he was a great kisser.   It was  a 

perfect match!

3. How did he propose?  We dated so long   it  had become a forgone conclusion.  

The summer before  I graduated college he  came home on furlough because

 his mom had passed away. those thirty days were crazy because I was living 

at home  and commuting to college 45 miles away every day to classes..   So 

wewere  dating every night  and I was  up  really early every morning  flying

 up the interstate trying to make my 8:00 classes..  All I know is  on weekends

  we talked about getting married  after my geaduation.  and  we spent time  

looking  for my engagement ring..  we did it together..  there was no romantic 

surprise.. it wa s another of the many things we were trying to get done 

during those wonderful hectic days!


4. Do you have any favorite stories from your marriage or about your   

husband/wife? I graduated  from college on a Saturday, Lynn was home the

 next Monday   from Germany,  we were frantic with wedding  odds and ends

  all week. Lynn and I broke up on Thursday, my mom went  ballistic   and 

took us out for breakfast on Friday morning to  mediate and  glue us back

 together . That night was the rehearsal and  dinner  and we married  on

 Saturday  at which time it  started to snow .  It was  a late afternoon into

 evening wedding. We got away from the reception  about 8pm   and we 

drove across town  to  Rt 220 on our way to Greensboro N.C.  Lynn  was so 

overwhelmed   we had to stop  at a  take out joint.  We sat in the car and 

 talked for  over an hour..   meanwhile it was snowing  and  really cold..

 finally about 10pm we  started out for our 90 minute drive to the hotel.  I 

might add, we were both a bit frazzled and  undone,  but  it was a rocky start

 that proved  that if we could make it through that tough time we  were

 made to make it through it all!

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...you were so lucky to have a parent who cared, smiles. What a lovely story. I hope your having a great day. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your story. For a minute I thought you were saying you had to take our a joint ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really a lovely story!! Glad you made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. High school sweethearts! How wonderful. I love hearing about folks who met that young and knew...and were right. You broke up 2 days before the wedding? I bet your poor mother was nearly having a heart attack! She was a smart lady to get you back together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same thing happened with my nephew and his wife. They broke up for a bit right before they got married. I think it is such a big decision. I am so glad your mom was there for you guys. Loved your answers. Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful story!!
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You borrowed his pen, and have been borrowing it ever since" Love that!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...