Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Tuesday 4

September


                           


Welcome to Tuesday 4 where we honor the memory and legacy 
of our dear friend Toni Taddeo who started the concept of Tuesday
 4 years ago.  Hosted by Annie!

Since this week is the first week in September and autumn is on 
the way, lets discuss that topic, okay?

1.What memories does September bring back to you of school, 
autumn, songs, movies? Would you  share with us? I get excited
 in September because I love fall. ...leaves, cooler days, picnics,
 mountain rides, and of course, I loved the beginning of each new
 school year...getting to know my new students! 
Pack the Perfect Fall Picnic | Midwest Living
2. September is the first of what are called the "ber" months; the end
 of summer and beginning of autumn. Which do you enjoy more, 
summer or autumn and why?Summer is not my favorite season
 because of the heat and humidity, I used to love the great outdoors
 but now because of the heat, fear of skin cancer, ticks, mosquitoes,
 etc, I rarely spent much time out doors. Yet, autumn speaks the 
promise of lovely evenings on the porch, sweaters, socks with jeans,
 more comfy foods at family dinners!

3.Have you ever gone apple or pumpkin picking or gone into a corn
 maze? What was that  like? We used to take our students to pick a 
pumpkin,  so fun to watch their excitement.I’ve been apple pickin’ 
lots of times.  Not as much fun as I get older.  But it is a check off
 on an autumnal list of must-dos!
The Best Pumpkin Patches In The U.S. - Top Pumpkin Patches In Every State  Near You
4.Are fall weekends different for you than summer weekends? 
What do you enjoy in autumn?I have wonderful memories of autumn
 with my family growing up ... dad loved to cook outside. He loved to
 take us up on the BlueRidge Parkway and cook breakfast one 
one of their stone barbecue pits.  We’d take an iron griddle to fry up
 eggs, bacon and even toast. Mom made the coffee using water we
 brought along with us in a simple percolator we used on top of the
 stove at home.  It was so much fun, and usually a couple of other
 families went withus.  Then we’d go hiking  or stone jumping in the
 creek!   My husband is not so adventurous so those days are lost to 
me, but we do love to take rides up in the mountains to enjoy the
 foliage and we might even. take a picnic!
Hot breakfast cooked to order on a grill. Bacon and sausage cooking on a flat grill outside stock photos

6 comments:

  1. I love the change of the leaves. I hope we have a pretty fall.
    Isn't meeting the kids the best? The field trips are canceled this year here. So sad. Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your answers and pictures.
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your memories! The food on the grill looks so good! We were in Lake Tahoe and Yosemite last fall and it was beautiful. I am a country girl at heart living in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so many love autumn. very popular. I never realized as a kid that teachers would be excited to meet us. I know we kids were nervous about what teacher we would get. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poof, my comment went up in flames, grin...anyways...I was saying I love your new fall background here. I always enjoy your answers. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope school is going well for you. You explained Autumn perfectly. Hope you get to do your check off list. Your day at BlueRidge Parkway sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...