Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Tuesday Four

 

Your Home Routine

 Hosted by Annie!

Welcome to Tuesday 4 where we offer 4 questions of topics for you to 

discuss each week. Begun by Toni Taddeo, we keep it in her honor.

This week's topic is your home routines.

 1. What laundry products do you like to use or find best for you?  We like 

Arm and Hammer  Sensitive Skin Free and Clear.. great cleaner, great price, 

sensitive to my skin!  For  stains and  spots we use Spray and wash.. works

 great! 

2. Dryer, line or combination of both?  We do both.  We rarely dry anything

 except towels completely dry in the dryer. Most everything is slightly dried, 

then hung on our basement lines.

3. Do you have wood floors or carpeting and which is best?  Finally ,

all of our carpeting has been removed and the floors refinished.  Much

 cleaner, easier to keep clean, great against allergies, and I love to

swifter them!  For decor we have  wool Karastan rugs in each room.   We 

take them back to  NC  every  4 years and them deep cleaned and they  hold

 up  marvelously!  Should  be  heirlooms for our kids one day!

4. Housekeeping professionals give the following guidelines. 

Which do you follow? Do you have better ideas?

1. open windows first
2. clear up clutter before cleaning.
3. start in bedrooms first
4.give cleaning products time to work.
5.Always sweep or vacuum before mopping
6.use a toothbrush for hard to get at areas
7. keep things on a central cart if you can
8.dust everything
9.vacuum your furniture often, mattresses once a month or so.

Hubs and I shared duties and we  rarely do them at the same time..

He does his and I do mine and do not  really follow any guidelines.  

Just do a good job. I.ve been watching Leave it to Beaer and I notice

 just what a great  housekeeper the mother is in her  dress and pearls.

She has a little carry all  that  has all her   housecleaning  "Stuff'"in it, 

and carries   it from room to room.  What a role model!

3 comments:

  1. I also tumble some things in the dryer so they are not stiff. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arm and Hammer is good but hubby wanted the one we use because he liked the scent and it didn't other my allergies. Great that you redid your floors. We did in our first home. We also share chores. It counts as exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup June Cleaver was the model for good housekeeping! Good wool carpets last for several life times!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...