Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge


From this Side of the Pond
Hosted by Joyce.

1. When is the last time you experienced nostalgia?   I enjoy watching  old time tv  programs on MeTv  like Leave it to Beaver the old Perry Mason and  westerns on  the Grit network.  These shows take me right back to the 50's and 60's.  I find them very comforting.  They lift my mind to a gentler time.  They bring back many memories of  my  informative years, when life  wasn't so dramatic or scary!

 2. September 29th is National Coffee Day. Do we need this? Ha! So are you a coffee drinker? If so how many cups per day, and tell us how you like it. Is there a recipe you enjoy that calls for coffee as one of the ingredients? I didnt start drinking coffe  turned 50...soon before I retired from teaching.    I spent  the next  10 years  trying to make  coffee and I got used to drinking  it  whether it was good or not..  I never could strike the perfect   cup. HUbs makes  delicious coffee. He only buys  Arabica coffee and it is a  dark and  toasty blend. It makes  a robust  and strong cup of coffee,  so I have learned to tone it down with  Sweet Cream by Coffee Mate, Natural Bliss.. a natural   creamer.  Oh, my, goodness I love  coffee, now  but I limit myself to 1 mug..

3. Do you find praise or criticism to be more motivating? Explain. The teacher in me  has always tried to be motivating and   encouraging.  It is odd though, I find that  for the most part, people are so trapped in their role    mostly of complacency, even if they appear to want to be motivated, they fail to budge  from their familiar path.  I find this in church, especially. Then there are the handful of   strong dedicated  people who  expend energy and  resources to  live according to their    gifting and  calling,  who  encourage me to keep on keeping on.

 4.  What's a television series you keep coming back to and re-watching? 
I really like to watch reruns of Blue Bloods,   Match Game, and old movies. 

 5. As the month of September draws to a close give us three words to describe your mood. 
'Expectant',  'happy'  for what October will bring, and 'trusting'  God in the uncertainty of our times.

 6. Insert your own random thought here.  Hubs finally  capitulated regarding taking trips to the beach and said yes  to the invitation to  join 4 of our best friends for a week in October...He can't back out now because we have already  paid for our  lodging. I could not be happier  about it!!!



5 comments:

  1. I think a trip to the beach sounds wonderful right about now! Enjoy your travels with friends! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, a beach trip with friends sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I limit myself to 1 mug of coffee a day, just like you do and I love coffee too.
    Enjoy your October trip!
    Have a great Wednesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your special time at the beach with special friends. Ahh! Blue bloods is a favorite of mine, too!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! A beach vacation next month? Take lots of photos to share!
    My hubby makes amazing coffee (arabica!) and I love it!
    Trusting God for the future--Yes! We know He is in control.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...