Friday, January 14, 2011

Pink Saturday

Photobucket
Happy PINK Saturday!!
I have a very special friend on Facebook that I met about a year ago.. his name is Ivan and he lives in Ulricehamn, Sweden. He is retired and enjoys walks around his village and visiting the beautiful lake near his apartment. He spends much of his day meeting other new friends on Facebook and spreading wonderful good cheer and God's blessings. This Christmas he sent me this beautiful Swedish Christmas card.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The poem translates as follows:

Peaceful Holidays
When Christmas day morning, glimmers
I want to go into the stables
The son of God in the world
there rests.

Welcome here, Jesus
with peace and goodwill!
You are the King of the world
Which gives us the light and peace.
What a joy it was to my heart to receive this very special card from my friend.
And then, just today I received another lovely note from Ivan, via email. This included this beautiful photo he took near his home. It just blessed my heart as Im sure it will bless yours! And it is perfect for Pink Saturday!
Photobucket

Visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for more PINK SATURDAY!!


5 comments:

  1. That is so sweet and those roses are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schotzy, this is so beautiful. I think I'd keep that out all year round ... I leave all my nativities out & 2 nativity cards


    Have a happy PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a perfect Pink Saturday. Happy Pink Saturday to you and sounds like you made the perfect pink friend, Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the nicest blogging friends ever are from Sweden. I hav two that are very specail and they sent me a big nice surprise package at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice :) Sounds like a great and thoughtful friend!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~