Monday, January 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is the middle of the afternoon and still well below the freezing mark! Brr it was cold getting out this morning to go to Bible Study. But the sun is shining it has been a very nice day, all in all.


I am thinking... as I look at my French manicure how much I enjoyed our visit with our daughter, Amanda. Going to get our manicures on Saturday morning was a real treat for me, and really, that is one treat I plan to continue in my old age!!


I am thankful for... all the advances in our scientific society... medicines that relieve pain, hair color that relieves that haggard look that I am trying to dispel of today! Technology and science affect us daily and I thank the Lord he cares enough to give us these things to enhance our lives in this difficult and ever changing world.



From the kitchen... nothing! Lynn is taking my friend, Dottie, and me out to dinner tonight prior to the symphony. It is our great pleasure to have Dottie with us tonight! We're going to Annie Moore's Pub for dinner!



I am wearing... I am wearing my winter white slacks and rose colored turtle neck sweater. It is so cosy, I plan to wear it tonight as well.

I am creating... a power point presentation I will use as I teach part 1 of The Praying Life this Thursday evening at church!


I am going... to be taking mom to get her pt checked in the morning and marketing for her after that. Hope any bad weather holds off until after that outing. Then it is back to the drawing board for the next couple of days!


I am reading... A Praying Life, by Paul Miller The Peace Maker by Ken Sande both of these are for bible studies at church! The Peace Maker is for our Sunday night Pastor's study. It promises to be really great!



I am hoping...that Dottie will really enjoy the concert tonight. I am basically trying to introduce her to the love of classical music. Tonight
's programme promises to be quite inspiring... tonight is the Movie Masterworks.. classical works featured in the movies.
Ravel - Bolero
Grieg - Peer Gynt selections
Rota - Bassoon Concerto - Elizabeth Roberts, Bassoon
Mendelssohn - Scherzo from A Midsummer Night's Dream
Wagner - Tannhauser Overture

I am hearing... the acapella singing of my favored group at this time, Glad. What harmony and wonderful lyrics! It sweeps me away with its perfection!


Around the house...even though there is snow in the forecast and we still have 2 months of winter ahead of us,,, I cant help but think of spring! My neighbor who recently moved here from Indiana must think that it is quite balmy here because he is outside everyday creating a new garden in his front yard...digging, laying rock.... working through the sod.... I cant help but get excited!....Right?

One of my favorite things... well, I wish it was housework...I could imagine a zillion things I'd like to accomplish... but alas, ever since I retired that is low on my to do list. I like to plan, and plan and plan but I dont seem to get things accomplished... perhaps when Lynn gets retired this year then things will change.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Monday-Bible Study and dinner /concert this evening
Tuesday-Mom to doctor and then marketing spend time on the power point
Wednesday- snow expected so a perfect time to finish up the power point and work on the specifics. I am drawing in much from other texts so that should fairly well take up a couple of days teach Thursday night
Friday- nothing... ummmm perhaps breakfast out with a friend
Saturday- prayer team- prayer in the prayer chapel in the morning

Here is picture I thought Id share with you :

Church is such an important part of my life that it seems right to put a photo of my church up

Photobucket

Photobucket

Church is not only a place of worship and learning of our Lord and Savior, our heavenly Father, God, and the precious Holy Spirit, but it is a place of fellowship and delight.


Like one year we took this road trip to the Cass Railroad in West Virginia together with the senior adults. This is our recent senior pastor whom we honored last night for his years of ministry with us!

Photobucket

For the 2011 January edition of the Simple Woman's Daybook visit Peggy here.

3 comments:

  1. Schotzy ~ You are going to have a wonderful evening all dolled up in that pretty outfit & dinner ... I love the theatre & concerts.

    We are presently at a balmy 25 ... been a cold winter thus far, unusual for us.

    Pop over for our Valentine GIVEAWAY

    Have a beauatiful eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop over for our Valentine GIVEAWAY

    Have a beauatiful eve ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I hope Bolero didn't scare Dottie away from classical music in general- I can't stand that piece, though most of Ravel's work is wonderful. It's just so repetitive and boring. I always want to pull my hair out at the end! Haha, the rest of the concert looked fun, though, so I hope you three had a fun time. We'll have to check out SoRo when we'er in town. Got lots of compliments on my nails too! Thanks for the extra bottle of polish, I'll have to try to keep them touched up and looking pretty. Stay warm and hope you (and we!) don't get too much snow this week!

    Love you and thanks again for a fun visit,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~