Monday, July 6, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Click here to return to   Happy Homemaker Monday.





The weather in my neck of the woods:


Today the weather  is  rainy and   cool,  even if a bit humid!

Things that make me happy: 

Having our daughter  and  granddaughter, age almost 2, call and say,  "Let's do facetime!!"

Menu for this week:


That is one organizational tool I would love to implement and not any time soon.

What's on my TV today: 
We have  recently discovered  Foyle's War    from BBC Masterpiece.. Lynn's cousin  loaned us the  8 season series.... we try to watch an episode every night....  love love, love!
Image result for michael kitchen

Looking around the house:
The cabinets in the kitchen are in,   Lynn has painted the windows and is  prepping the  cabinets around windows  for painting today..  hopefully those cabinets  will be painted, as well!


You can see the  paint for the  cabinets will be  a few shades darker than original.. a  greenish taupe.. I really  love the new color!

On my To Do List:


I need to  clean  this room...  I will soon be moving  my  office to the new kitchen desk area...  so this room will be  given over entirely to my granddaughters!  yayayaya....I certainly  dont want a rat's nest for  an office in the kitchen so, I really need to   organize my files and  re order  my  life...  Time to really  get  rid of  old files that dont apply to me anymore!!!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Blueberry Walnut Salad Recipe


Blueberry Walnut Salad
"An easy, yummy salad, perfect for any season, with berries, nuts, and greens. For an entree add chicken, diced apples, and diced green onions!"
INGREDIENTS:

1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad
greens
1 pint fresh blueberries
1/4 cup walnuts 
1/2 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad
dressing
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens with the blueberries, walnuts, and raspberry vinaigrette. Top with feta cheese to serve


In the craft basket:


The  crafting idea I spoke to  a few weeks ago  was  the  remodel for our kitchen...  I am hoping to see the fruits of  our labor  all come together  within  the next couple of weeks...

Looking forward to this week:
The granite will be installed Friday

The week ahead:
Tuesday:  water aerobics class
marketing
Wednesday: It's my birthday.....  my gal pals  and I are  going on a shopping trip to  Charlottesville, Va..
Thursday: prepare the kitchen for   one of the final installations....
encourage Lynn to finish   the painting of the cabinets
  Church  Committee meeting
Friday:  granite installation  and   perhaps set up my new work station in the kitchen yayayaya

My favorite blog post this week: 
My  Anything Blue Friday Post form last week.. I  wrote about the delicious blueberry pie I made....  blueberries are so fabulous this year!

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
new to me  was this  fabulous  organizing blog..
 A Bowlful of Lemons.


If you're like me and  things  have gotten a bit out of hand, you will find  great inspiration to organize there!

No words needed (favorite photo or picture):
There aren't words!


Lesson learned the past few days:
God is completely in control, even when the world seems to be spinning    out of orbit,  that is when He  loves to  draw  us ever closer in  prayerful  community with Him...   time to read His Word and    find peace!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:  
A Book review~ I cannot recommend this book enough..  find here
What if the Scriptures had a secret that revealed how territory can be taken for the kingdom of God? What if that secret was impacting nations on the earth today? Whether it is through Abraham, Moses, or the early church, God uses prayer altars to occupy territory, advance His kingdom, break the powers of darkness, and draw His presence. This strategy from the Word of God has helped bring revival to entire nations. And the best part is.. God is still using them today! Come explore how you can be a part of this strategy and build prayer altars today in your home, church, city, workplace, and even your nation.
Another  reader  gave it 5 stars, too!
PREREQUSITE FOR KINGDOM ADVANCEMENTBy V. Marshall on June 12, 2014
God in all His Holiness is the great provisionary for His people. We have no excuse; God has given us every spiritual blessing needed to navigate in victory while we visit here on earth. We have His protection and covering. Our responsibility is to put what we learn into action! This book is a must for every Christian leader to incorporate into their ministry and “New Believers” class. The principles in this book should be taught immediately upon a person’s salvation experience.

2 comments:

  1. So glad everything is coming along so well! Thanks for the blueberry salad recipe.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is looking great. I tried to get into Foyle's War, but just couldn't do it - glad you're enjoying it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~