Friday, July 3, 2015

Blues for a Rainy Day




Visit The Dedicated House by clicking here!

Well, I love rainy days.... because I get inspired to take advantage of my time to get things spruced up inside.... and believe me, with all the kitchen redo... the rest of my house has been topsy turvy... but, at least now, the sun room is in some semblance of order and showing a bit of blue cheer!



First of all, as I was straightening out a storage area downstiars I ran across this beautiful lamp I brought home from mama's... I think we may have gotten it back in the 60's with Green Stamps.  All I really know is mom and I always loved it.. so glad it has found a home in the sunroom now....along side the sweet hobnail vase I also found in mom's things... just right for the weekend!



My hail to Ireland in the sunroom is my small flock of sheep....



So wonderful to get the table cleared off and a bit of blue summer time ready for an afternoon meal....







And while I was still thinking on our Ireland trip, and was passing through the living room,,, even though it doesnt look very festive for the holiday, I did add a bit of blue there that salutes our red white and blue theme with a shout out to my homeland!



Last, but not least, another project I got into today was cleaning out some magazines... they collect so quickly around here.... and this next photo was from the Southern Living from June of 1996, for goodness sakes, but it is a keeper... especially with blueberries coming in so fast and furiously!



I have a peck of berries that need processing, so



Spicy Blueberry Pie

Ingredients


5 c Fresh blueberries
1/4 ts Ground allspice
1/2 c All-purpose flour
1 tb Lemon juice
1/4 c Brown Sugar; firmly packed
1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
1 tb Butter or Margarine; Melted
1 pk Refrigerated pie crusts
1 ts Sugar
1 tb milk
3/4 c Sugar


Preparation
Combine first 8 ingredients, tossing gently. Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions. Spoon blueberry mixture into pastry shell. Roll remaining piecrust to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 6 (2 1/2-inch-wide) strips. arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; fold edges under and crimp. Brush pastry with milk; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar. Bake at 400F for 40-45 minutes or until golden, shielding edges with strips of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning dur
ing last 20 minutes of baking.

Now this is patriotic!

Image result for Blueberry pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~