Monday, July 13, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

Today I am joining The Diary of the Stay at home Mom here

HHM

The weather in my neck of the woods:
We had severe thunderstorms overnight and a drear start to our day but it was clear by mid morning... storms threaten again tonight! The temps are dancing around 90 this week!

Things that make me happy:


being grandma, doing face time with my little one and her mommy, and planing a visit with them coming up later in the summer!

Menu for this week:


Trying to cook light.. have doctor's appointments this week... wanting to try to make up for the naughty birthday cake and ice cream from last week! hehehehehhe

What's on my TV today:
WAH! We finished the series, Foyle's War from PBS... Enjoying Poldark, and will prob sit back and watch some youtube Catherine Cookson mysteries online.... There is nothing of any value that I can find on network tv.

Looking around the house:
We are into our 7th week of mixed up house... things are gradually getting better.. most of the items are back into the kitchen cabinets. but since Lynn is only about a quarter through painting the cabinets with all the doors and drawers left to do we're looking at least another full week of messy house....but I must say, I'M loving how the kitchen make over is coming along...it is such a relief to have the sink in good working order and granite installed and the capacity to cook once more! Below is our fabulous Blanco sink and new Moen faucet....really like it... posting for our daughter to see our choices!




On my To Do List:
Bible Study
Laundry
Correspondence ( thank you notes)
organize my office area
organize top kitchen cabinets ( purge, reorder the items...
Christmas out of the hutches into top cabinets)
reorganize hutches

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
For my next tea party:
Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
1/3 c mayonnaise
2 T. finely chopped roasted red pepper
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper

In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, roasted red pepper, lime juice, and seasonings, stirring until well blended.
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator...
Serve on fresh veggie tea sandwiches made on potato bread

Looking forward to this week:


This seems to be the week I have Dr. Appointments with every doctor .. the dental check went well... I was so afraid I had a tooth gone south, but it was dare I say" just" TMJ... nothing just about it!, Also my eye appointment is always good to get behind me... got those mean little cataracts growing.... not for at least another year says he! Now only 3 more this week... Hoping for good reports on those!!!

Tips and Tricks:
I was just reading my new Teatime magazine and something caught my eye! cardinal rules for tea drinkers.. #3 and for goodness sakes don't add sugar! But I do like sugar... 1-2 cubes at least.. but alas,, according to the sommelier, " tea is supposed to taste a a little bitter, so leave the sugar off for a few days and develop a taste for the bliss of a well-made cup of tea!"
Since I consider myself a huge anglophile, I guess I need to train my taste for a lovely cup of tea...alone!

My favorite blog post this week:
I have so enjoyed the Mad Tea Parties shared at Fanciful Twist.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Since hubby and I recently experienced our dream trip to Ireland I rejoiced at finding this wonderful blog..Infinite Ireland.There you will find everything you ever wanted to know about travel in and to Ireland... I sure would love to go again....

No words needed (favorite photo or picture):



Lesson learned the past few days:


God is so much more awesome than we sometimes think, believe, or give Him credit for.... when he puts your name on another's mind and that one will call or send a card or whatever it is that is with exactly what I needed at that very moment... it demonstrates the Father's great love for me (us).

On my mind:
So many things, but, just like a friend told me yesterday..... stay tuned in to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to speak direction to me and then willing move forward with Him!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I will borrow our hostesses verse, because it is better than all I can come up with today!


No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
– 1 John 3:9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~