Monday, June 26, 2017

The Simple Woman Day Book


For Today~ June 26, 2017



Looking out my window... 

A bright and clear day has dawned and gloriously the humidity has broken.... It should be a wonderful day!

I am thinking...

about how marvelous it is to be alive and know that there is a purpose for my life under heaven... might that I live and walk in that purpose day by day!

I am thankful..

that even when I feel that many have forsaken me, that the Lover of Soul is closer still and loving me with an ever lasting love!

I am watching.....

I am so glad my new version of Beauty and the Beast finally arrived... I can fast forward just to the parts I love best and watch it in about 35 minutes... I love the story and the beauty of it.... and the songs I know by heart.. 

I am reading...

Francis Chan's book, Forgotten God. 
A review from Amazon:


A follow up to the profound message of Crazy Love, Pastor Francis Chan offers a compelling invitation to understand, embrace, and follow the Holy Spirit’s direction in our lives.In the name of the Father, the Son, and … the Holy Spirit. We pray in the name of all three, but how often do we live with an awareness of only the first two? As Jesus ascended into heaven, He promised to send the Holy Spirit—the Helper—so that we could be true and living witnesses for Christ. Unfortunately, today’s church has admired the gift but neglected to open it.Breakthrough author Francis Chan rips away paper and bows to get at the true source of the church’s power—the Holy Spirit. Chan contends that we’ve ignored the Spirit for far too long, and we are reaping the disastrous results. Thorough scriptural support and compelling narrative form Chan’s invitation to stop and remember the One we’ve forgotten, the Spirit of the living God.

I am listening to...

Oliver B. Green who is teaching on Revelation. Sometimes I really love his old time style of teaching.. He really preaches it uncompromisingly!

I am hoping...

tomorrow night our prayer team has planned a glorious time of praise and worship with some devotional speaking between the three sections of emphasis.... praise.... how then should we live.... anticipate with longing the Coming of the Lord.... so I am hoping there will be a great turn out from many different churches and there will be birthed a spirit of deeper love for God and a desire to live daily with praise and worship in spirit and truth.

I am learning...

to live with disappointment...God seems to be taking me through a season of unmet expectations tot each me that He is all I need!

In the kitchen...

I am hungry for breakfast ...I have some sausage that goes out tomorrow.. just a small bit, I plan to make some sausage gravy and some drop biscuits just as soon as I finish this post! YUM!!

In my garden~

My summer garden is blooming out in glory this week!










Board Room

This summer for my birthday Hubs is fulfilling an item on my bucket list... I have always wanted to stay at the Martha Washington Inn and go see a play at the Barter Theater. This board is all about it. One reason is my great grandmother went to Normal School which was the teacher's college at that time in the building that is now the Inn... My grandmother used to love come there with us for luncheon, but we never stayed the night.... Finally, my dream will come true! A comedy, entitled, The Cottage will be playing at the Theater.. 
Many well-known stars of stage, screen and television have performed early in their careers at Barter, including Gregory Peck, Ernest Borgnine, Patricia Neal,Ned Beatty, Hume Cronyn, Gary Collins, Frances Fisher, Kevin Spacey, Larry Linville,John Glover, Jim Varney, and Wayne Knight

Shared Quote


Closing Notes 

Have a truly blessed and loving day! Call a friend you haven't spoken to for a while and tell them how much they mean to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~