Thursday, July 23, 2020

Enjoying the Blessings of Being Together!

Hosted by Richella.

Whew, it has  been  a powerful heat wave  across the southland and the country,  so  even though it is summer, I try to stay cool with  the cooler colors of the season.  I got my inspiration from one of  the Lord's most  magnificent  creations,  the hydrangea!


I love  how during the  hottest part of the season the hydrangea   goes through various changes  from the color of its blooms to the  actual drying of them.  All of these blooms are from my one  hydrangea bush  and I  love the colors!

I was ,also, thinking of  next week when my daughter's family with my  2  awesome granddaughters will be here..  those  beautifully  artistic  cherubs love  an interesting  table scape.
Vivi, age 4 and Leila, age 7

Hence I wanted to pair the blue  transfer ware with the green of the  blooms and use  green  placemats, not something I wouldn't naturally expect, but I do love the effect. The flowered  placemats mark the spot where the girls will sit!


I am  a hearty Anglophile,  and so I always choose transfer ware  with an Olde World British theme,   and this  Wedgewood pattern, called Countryside is perfect for lazy, hazy days of summer!

The family will  enjoy their first meal with us,  breakfast, on this  refreshened table  next week.  Homemade blueberry waffles   and  fruitcup will   be  heartily enjoyed  as we kick off our  week of  loving and delighting in  each other.  This will be our first  and probable only   visit of 2020.  Keeping everything special    will be my highest  aim, with God's help!  

Quotes about Family Together (178 quotes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...