Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge

From this Side of the Pond
Hosted by Joyce!
1.  Do you think the pandemic has had any kind of positive impact on your mental health? Explain.
I would have to say no. In my spiritual heath I would say I am  leaning on more on the Lord for proper perspective!

2. A hot mess, hot under the collar, in hot water, hot button, hot diggity dog!, hot shot, hot seat....choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.
Well,  I'd  have to just say 
whew- weee!
Free Hot Summer Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on ...
We've had   100 degree days this week and the 90's now for weeks!

3. Speaking of the hot seat, do you work well under pressure or do you actively avoid high pressure situations? 
I worked for 30 years in a very high pressure job and my health took a toll  with the stress!  But I am a multi-tasker and get things done quickly and  have very  low tolerance of slow workers!  

4. Hotdogs-yay or nay? If you said yay how do you like yours? Did you know July is National hotdog month? 
I really love hot dogs  with mayo, honey mustard and  finely chopped onions, or pickle relish  mixed with the mustard  if I can't have  delicious  homemade  chili.
You'll relish this: It's National Hot Dog Day on Wednesday | Fort ...The chili dog: an intriguing tale of an American classic - Food ... 

5. I read here a list of America's coolest Southern towns. They are Marfa Texas, Greenville South Carolina, Abindgon Virginia, Athens Georgia, Bentonville Arkansas, Florence Alabama, Oxford Mississippi, Abita Springs Louisiana, Wilmington North Carolina, Monroeville Alabama, McMinnville Tennessee, Natchez Mississippi.  How many on the list have you seen in person? Which town on the list would you most like to see?
I am a huge fan of Abingdon, Virginia  So  much  that I love to see and enjoy there.So since Im not a fan of   travelling too far,  I'd love to go back to Abingdon and stay at the Martha Washington Inn  and  attend the Barter Theater again!
Abingdon VA Hotels | The Martha Washington Inn & Spa

Abingdon VA Hotel Specials and Packages | The Martha Washington ...

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Of course, I checked the Barter's schedule and  they are closed for this season  except they  have  purchased  an older  outdoor Drive-Inn and are  providing    Drive-in Entertainment  which woud be very fun.  But it is  a three hour drive for us so I will hope for  a  great season ion 2021!

7 comments:

  1. Hot and humid here too in Western NY. It seems unrelenting this year, sigh. I enjoyed your answers, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been very humid here too, and temps in the upper 80s, but this morning is breezy and 57. That city looks like someone I'd like to visit too. I would like to think that America will be open next year, but I'm not terribly confident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad. The drive in I went to as a child and brought my children too closed last year. :( I was hoping they would re open it or someone would buy it this year. Would have loved to go. I see a lot of them opening back up all over. Unfortunately,nothing even close to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in the middle of a heat wave...so happy for the AC

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been hot and humid here too, but it is SC in the summertime so I guess I should expect it. We have friends who live in Abindgon and we lived in Johnson City TN for a while which is just across the border. A great little town! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing positive except for the closeness to God which is pretty awesome. Our country needed Him. Your hot dog sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...