Thursday, July 9, 2020

My Seventith!

Birthday Wishes for Myself | Happy birthday to me quotes, Birthday ...
Well, yesterday I turned 70!
I'm not afraid to tell you I dreaded it all year..But, my goodness, this year has thrown much worse at me    that essentially  ruined my 69th year!  My torn minscicus, therapy that was interrupted by covid,   then shingles,  that lasted for weeks,  then a horrific   stomache virus  that led to  dehydration...  which led to  3 weeks of   very painful gout  and  inability to walk. All along the pain from the shingles continues to today!  I thought I finally was in the clear, then  the impinged shoulder  around the rotator cuff  came upon me  for which I  am doing therapy again!  But who's counting..  
Yesterday  I was  able to  face my 70ith year with  happiness and glee,  for  all things are looking up...
  the day  started with a wonderful breakfast in bed. 
Then  we  drove up though the Shenandoah Valley to Charlottesville  to  our favorite market.. Trader Joes!!!!


We then lunched at Chic Filet...    of course ,  covid  has  required so many limitations .. there was  a long line of individuals waiting outside of TJ's   entering one by one only after someone  left the store,  and  CF was only doing  takeout so we drove  to a parking lot and parked out car in the shade of a tree to eat our lunch,  but it was still so much fun...  because if felt almost like  an adventure!!!
We shopped  at Home Goods for    a short stint and then  realized  with a 6:30  prayer meeting at church back home we needed to  get back on the road...
So we  drove  across the mountain and  I finally got to visit the most wonderful  nursery...
Milmont Greenhouse in Stuarts Draft … what's on sale ...
I had been  longing to get  some herbs for my  project I'm working on.  And I wanted some geraniums!

We then stopped in at the Cheese Shop and   Hubs bought me a Whoppie pie to serve as my BD cake.. Good  substitute!!!
We made it back to church in the nick of time and when we entered the fellowship hall, our friends regaled me with the Happy Birthday song!  Lovely.. day..  All day I realized  in my mind I felt just like my youthful,  expectant and happy self!  Happy birthday to me!!
Such a gorgesous day for the birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! 🎈

    Black Cherry juice stops gout. Really. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. We have to go through the same thing here at our Trader Joes but I am okay with it. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a wonderful day and I pray your 70th year is much better than your 69th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and many more to come! God bless you.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*
    ♪ღ♪░H░A░P░P░Y░ B░I░R░T░H░D░A░Y░░♪ღ♪
    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I turn 69 in October so 70 is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...