Monday, May 26, 2008

Musings Over Tea

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I suppose this is the first Memorial Day to come and go without one utterance of pre-planning it's celebration. Traditionally, our family always got together for a picnic or a ride on the parkway. Now that my parents are unable to participate, and my daughter and son-in-law have such busy lives as they finish up their studies at University, it seems the cycle of life in this area has come full circle. I'm sitting here trying to digest exactly how I feel about this change. Now that I am retired, it's not like I need another holiday to celebrate, but it does almost seem like I'm grieving a loss of another staple in my life. One more tradition that just slips away into infinity. I wonder where they go- lost opportunities...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~