Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Life Verse

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

I stand at the door with upraised hand: The question is where does the door lead me? I know who stands on the other side of the door- patiently waiting for me to rap upon its solid face.What holds me back....courage? commitment?...I know that that door offers opportunity...to serve, to find fulfillment, to create within me a new dimension of being. Therein lies the dilemma. Am I ready? The spirit is willing, but oh, the flesh rebels. His spirit desires me to rise up in my spirit, trust, and obey. Why does my flesh scream lies to me, telling me "you're not capable, you're not ready? Leave it to someone more worthy!"
Why am I so tempted to believe the lies and choose defeat instead of pressing on...taking the baton... joining the race. "Rap, rap, rap!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~