Monday, April 5, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...An amazingly beautiful April day has dawned....Now if only I could feel up to tackling the day.... not feeling 100% this morning!

I am thinking...I certainly hope that the temperature we've been experiencing are not gong to be a sign of things to come! it is predicted to be 89 tomorrow.. on April 6th...too much too early, don't you think? The ac will definitely be going on tonight!


I am thankful that Amanda and Joshua have had a glorious vacation and are now safely ensconced back in their home... although Im sure it is difficult to begin a new work week....yet routine is a good thing following an exciting, yet restful respite...

I am wearing...my yellow tee and denim shorts

I am remembering.. that I need to go inline and find out the titles of Rebecca Shaw's books 4-6 of the Barley Bridge series.... I read the first 3 from the library and they left me with a powerful cliffhanger regarding the characters....The librarian said theyd try to get the remaining books.. I do love Rebecca Shaw's writing.. much in the vein of James Herriot, whose books I have fairly consumed...

I am going... to he hosting Amanda and Joshua along with my folks for a family supper soon... this jsut sort of came as a huge surprise to me last evening... I want to make it all very special because it will be in time to celebrate my mother's 87th birthday. And will probably be a long time before we all see the kids again.


I am currently reading...

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter


I am hoping..to renew my mind, spirit, and body in a recommitment to healthful living this week



On my mind...I am so excited about how God is at work in my life... working out details bringing things into alignment with His purposes.. Lord, help me to be obedient and willing to serve according to your will!!


Noticing that...
uh, oh,, that it is time to think about touching up the graying roots that are becoming more and more prominent... if you catch my drift!!

Pondering these words...

"If Spring came but once in a century, instead of once a year,
or burst forth with the sound of an earthquake,
and not in silence, what wonder and expectation there would
be in all hearts to behold the miraculous change!
But now the silent succession suggests nothing but necessity.
To most men only the cessation of the miracle would be
miraculous and the perpetual exercise of God's power
seems less wonderful than its withdrawal would be."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


From the Kitchen.... grilled burgers



Around the house.... the never ending flow of laundry... what else? Also, straightening up and putting away all the gear from our trip....we were too tired last night to put things away!!


One of my favorite things...
I have to admit... I love Facebook.... and farm town... I love meeting the folks there and developing online friendships!!

From my picture journal...

Photobucket
Some part of everyday you'll find me working the farm here at Hollybush, Ayrshire, Scotland..LOL

This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you in just a few days!

    Love you,
    amanda

    PS- what's for dinner??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your Daybook. I hope you were able to get back to healthy living. I know when I eat better (and exercise) I definitely feel a lot better!

    Hope you have a great week. The books you're reading sound wonderful!

    Blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~