Monday, April 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...it is now Monday evening... 10:11pm, therefore it is dark and quiet... today was much cooler than we have been experiencing... but it was clear as a bell and the air seemed to be less pollen laden..which is a good thing!

I am thinking...what a marvelous visit we had with Amanda....
Photobucket
From the moment they arrived in the driveway until we saw her off in Charlottesville every second was cherished...I shot this photo as my first glimpse of her with her new short haircut....



I am thankful that Amanda still has her grandparents... they have both outlived their parents and it is a wonderful thing to have the influence of the older generation in your life...

Photobucket
Photobucket

I am wearing...jeans and red blouse with navy sweater


I am remembering.. the words to the songs we will sing at the Senior luncheon this coming Thursday...


I am going...to take mom and dad out for breakfast on Wednesday as our Bible study class goes out to eat once every couple of months as a form of outreach in the community... demonstrating the love of Jesus and practicing our ambassadorship in the marketplace...


I am currently reading...

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
Christ is in Control, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson


I am hoping..to continue the good beginning I have this session of our Body Builders class... Things are beginning to improve as I work on bringing my whole self into more godly balance



On my mind...I am thinking about the 8 days of subbing I have worked out on my calendar during the month of May... praying it isnt a huge mistake....all of them will be done at the Middle School.... and remember I am a retired elementary school teacher....



Noticing that...
the bluebirds are settled into their house and are setting up housekeeping there!

Photobucket

Pondering these words...


"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
- Mark Twain


Around the house.... the never ending flow of laundry... what else?

One of my favorite things...
having a book at hand in the car... it seems I am always sitting in the car lately whiling away the hours waiting on someone... so it is the perfect time to get some more read on that tantalizing book
Photobucket
From my picture journal...
Photobucket
Home, Sweet, Home
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Loved your day book as always Schotzy! You have such a lovely home and a wonderful life, just filled to overflowing with blessings. Thanks so much for sharing them with us too! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much of my reading takes place in a car also. I hope your subbing goes well. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Mark Twain quote. How well it describes my mood.

    Lovely blog.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics of me with MJ & Pop! Good ones, Dad!

    Love you and hope you have a good luncheon tomorrow- sounds fun!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~