Monday, April 26, 2010

The SImple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...it is a bright and gorgeous morning... the storms of the weekend long forgotten, the sky crystal blues with soft cumulus clouds drifting over head... definitely a fair weather day!

I am thinking...today will be great fun... beginning with our body builders Bible Study.. we will actually meet up at Dottie's house which will be fun in itself.. but to spend our time sharing about the glory of the Lord makes it multiple times more exciting! Then we girls are going to lunch and shopping for bedding plants...




I am thankful that Lynn's work has calmed down somewhat... he isnt staying late and working weekend any longer... for the time being anyway.... so we can actually plan some work days around here for a change... and the list is long!


I am wearing...khakis and white shell with navy sweater


I am remembering.. the devastation in Yazoo, Misissippi over the weekend and am wondering about some facebook friends I know who live very near there.... Have been praying for that family, their home and business concerns..

I am going...to the dentist this week... thankfully, I really like this dentist and these visits are not something to dread as in the past... now that is a real reason to say, "Yazoo!"



I am currently reading...

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
Christ is in Control, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
I really recommend all of Herriot's books made even more wonderful by viewing the BBC series made of them back in the 80's.. They so perfectly follow the text, almost word for word, and the setting is extremely authentic...this has blessed me immeasurably... and Lynn enjoys it so much as well.

I am hoping..to become even more dedicated to morning walks... they really do make a difference in how I feel the rest of the day


On my mind...May is going to be such an awesome month. First of all we have been planning for months now to go ont he senior adult church trip to Lancaster, PA to attend the Sight and Sound Theater,, the new show, Joseph, in mid MAy. But in the meanwhile Lynn has hence learned that for ever other day in May he will be calling in for jury duty and I will be subbing 9 days in May... Yikes end of the year days at the Middle School.. Lord help me!!

Photobucket

Noticing that...
As of last night I have 5 bluebird eggs in the nest in my bluebird house
I havent checked in today...since she wasnt sitting yesterday could there possible be another one this morning? This is the most Ive ever seen.... absolutely thrilling!
Photobucket

Pondering these words...

A Prayer in Spring by Robert Frost
OH, give us pleasure in the flowers today;
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year.

Oh, give us pleasure in the orchard white,
Like nothing else by day, like ghosts by night;
And make us happy in the happy bees,
The swarm dilating round the perfect trees.

And make us happy in the darting bird
That suddenly above the bees is heard,
The meteor that thrusts in with needle bill,
And off a blossom in mid air stands still.

For this is love and nothing else is love,
To which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what far ends he will,
But which it only needs that we fulfill.

Photobucket


Around the house....If it's Monday, it's the never ending flow of laundry... what else?

One of my favorite things...
well, those who know me well, know it's spending some time everyday on facebook visiting with new found friends there.
From my picture journal...
Photobucket
Our sweet and beautiful. kids, Amanda and her handsome Joshua!
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay- EGGS! How fun- hope you have a great day with the girls!

    Love you,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~