Monday, April 12, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...it is now Monday evening... 9:09 and it has been a beautiful springlike day with temps in the mid 70's and gorgeous blue skies...the dogwoods are blooming, the tulips and red buds are glorious, and the azaleas are beginning to reveal their sumptuous colors.

I am thinking...I can not wait until Thursday when Amanda and Joshua will be with us!!!


I am thankful that mom and dad's three month checkups went well and their health is steady. God is good all the time!


I am wearing...my loden green short sleeve sweater and khaki slacks


I am remembering.. the spaghetti sauce I made this evening for tomorrow needs to be put in the fridge before bedtime!! Yikes!


I am going... to be taking a friend to the doctor tomorrow... God is revealing His purposes for me through the little tasks he prepares in advance for me to do...He is at work continually in our lives His perfect will to be manifest through us... if we choose to obey and fall in line with His plans... we must yield our will to His!


I am currently reading...

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
Christ is in Control, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson


I am hoping..to stay focused on Jesus as I attempt to bring every facet of my being in alignment with Him



On my mind...I am so excited about this new author I have discovered,,, Bill Bryson... I love his writing... this book is his experiences walking the Appalachian Trail...he writes much in the vein of Dave Barry... very personably... he puts the reader right beside him on the trail!



Noticing that...
the pollen is exceptional this spring and my sinuses are going haywire!!


Pondering these words...

"Spring has come,
Loudly sing cuckoo !
Groweth seed and blooms mead
And springs the wood now.
Sing cuckoo!"
- English Poetry from the Middle Ages






Around the house.... the never ending flow of laundry... what else? Getting Amanda's room all afresh and bright and airy for her winsome visit!


One of my favorite things...
the music on my blog... I play it all day long.. it seeps into the very fiber of my being and lifts me to the heavens.

From my picture journal...

Friday Dottie and I drove up to the top of Roanoke Mountain to enjoy this fabulous view of the valley beyond...what a marvelous day to revel in God's creation!
Photobucket
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Schotzy; What a lovely post,,, I really enjoyed reading.. Your love for the Lord is just amazing,,,I am so inspired by you.... have a lovely week.....

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~