Monday, June 21, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook







FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook





Outside my window...AW!! The first day of summer... but it seems like it should be the dog days of summer with this heat! Too much ...too soon!!! And more to come this week.....
Give me April!


I am thinking...
deep, deep inside of me is the desire to plan something really wonderful for the Wednesday morning Bible study when we meet here next week... something with a patriotic flair but the poetry of a tea party..... I really do hope I can bring this about....
I am thankful ...for the blessings of life! God is such a good God..... His mercies are new every morning!

I am wearing...my raspberry tee whtt black and white checked shorts
I am remembering.... that I need to go over to Mom's one day this week to clean her house in preparation for a luncheon there on Friday! Praying the forecast is wrong.... nearing 100 this weekend!

I am going...to Bible Study this morning and to get my allergy shot on Tuesday... to the Ageless Group study at Zetta's on Wednesday and to Bible study at church on Wednesday night... Thursday Im going with Dot and Judy to the Tea Room for luncheon and Friday to luncheon at Mom's ... UMMM, let's see.... when ever will I get her house cleaned up..... umm,,, looks like I'll be stopping by tomorrow after my visit to the doctor's office..! Oh, boy!
I am reading
Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs

Book of Isaiah

I am hoping....to dismantle some flower arrangements and revamp them for summer.... time to organize and Simplify! That was the word that we talked about today in Bible study.... so I will more than likely be talking about simplifying this summer.... sounds like a worthy endeavor and a way to find more balance in my life....
On my mind...I've been thinking a lot lately about my birthday, coming up in a little over 2 weeks. It will be a landmark year.... I'll be turning 60.... so sometime between now and then I need to get my driver's license redone, set up for my physical and mammogram,,, lose another 5 pounds,,, and go ahead and do my hair color one more time.... I keep thinking , "okay, when exactly are you going to go ahead and start that crown of glory.... white hair thang?"" Uh... not this year!
Noticing that...time spent in His presence is the best medicine!

Pondering these words...


"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. "
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Around the house....actually start looking at it with a very critical eye to see where to begin.....
  • simplifying
  • organizing
  • getting rid of "stuff"
  • creating a "new space" for living

One of my favorite things... meeting and chatting with new folks from all over...on facebook of course... probably have said this before, but it does my heart good.
I just cannot change this one,,, because it really does do my heart so much good...
From my picture journal...

Photobucket
I am so completely enthralled with my lavendar that is blooming so profusely this year.... then I found this amazing site online about lavendar and its "holy"
attributes and historical significance!
http://www.lavenderfarm.com/history.htm

This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. "Amen!" to GETTING RID OF STUFF and ORGANIZING!!! :) Good indoor activities for hot days!

    Love you and hope you have a great week!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 62 and I'm not ready to let my hair go gray. I have tried it a couple of times and don't like it although it looks great on some people. I love your picture. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~