Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Thousand Gifts

Photobucket

Ann's blog, A Holy Experience, is a fascinating site of praise and encouragement. I got the idea for this effort from her. It really does strengthen my resolve and my love of the Lord by being much more attentive to the small blessings every day.
Sorry to say that it has been a long while since my last post but today I pick up with the following blessings:
316. The simple blessings of time spent with good, faithful, friends who build one another up in the faith and show loving kindness and true authenticity.
317. The dew on the tomato vines that glistens in the early morning sunlight like so many diamonds.
318. The love and caring of a devoted husband who brings me my coffee each and every morning.
319. The faith of my mother whom I love very much
320. The gift of my dad who will be 91 in a month.
321. The pleasure and joy eac Sunday night when we know we can expect a newsy and loving phone call from Amanda.
322. Since my last posting we had new floors put down in the kitchen and sunroom... they still just bless me by their appearance, ease of care, and the way they feel to walk on them....
323. Also, since my last posting,, I would have to say that in the world,, things have gone downhill.. the economy, the moral fabric of our society.... the outlook for our nation and the world looks grim.... the news regarding Lynn's and my pension sounds alarming and not very trustworthy... but I know whom I've believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed to Him against that day....my faith and trust is in the Lord... He will provide all that we need!!!

2 comments:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~