Friday, June 25, 2010

Pink Saturday

Photobucket

Photobucket

This year our prolific petunias are this radiant shade of pink!! So showy, they appear to be singing in exultation!!! Petunias are known as "Mary's Praises" in Germany due to their uplifting flowers. Symbolizing the Virgin Mary in Christianity, they are often planted in gardens dedicated to the Mother of Christ. My petunias stand sentinel at our back entrance speaking welcome to one and all who enter into our home....and now knowing that they herald praise to our loving Father,,, they now occupy a much higher place of preeminence in my estimation....

Read more: What Is the Meaning of Petunias? eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5348992_meaning-petunias.html#ixzz0rvCX3Q

For more Pink Saturday visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!!!

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your PINKNESS today!!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful story about petunias! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...your pink petunias are so darling...just love them. I adore the name of your blog.

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your petunias are gorgeous! And I had no idea that petunias had a little history to them too!
    It's my first Pink Saturday, so I'm very happy to meet you!
    Happy Weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday, dear Carolyn.

    I am so glad you shared this information about petunias. I've loved them since I was a child. Your pink petunias are so pretty.

    I almost bought pink petunias for the hanging baskets for our terrace, but instead I opted for the snapdragon baskets which were on sale. The snapdragons haven't done well at all. Next year I'll know better.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~