Friday, June 25, 2010

Wedding Blog Party

I am so happy I happened upon the 2010 Wedding Blog Party hosted by Angelic Accents!You will definitely want to stop in there to enjoy all of her beautiful wedding paraphenalia! I just happened to be looking through some photos at my mother's for luncheon today and ran across a couple I didnt remember so I revel at being given the opportunity to share them here today!!!First off, I'll share my wedding portrait taken in 1971... that year Romeo and Juliet had been a box office hit and one of my favorite films... thus the medieval veil with the lace mantilla which reminded me of that era....
Photobucket
Photobucket
We opted for the portrait over still shots at the wedding at that time so my live photos are simple snapshots that a relative took that day..
Then in 2005 our beautiful daughter, Amanda married her one and only sweetheart, Joshua in the chapel of their university... Virginia Tech!
Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket
Her gorgeous cascading phaleanopsis orchids are preserved under glass for posterity along witha Brides'maid fan and her something old... a lovely lace hanky!
Photobucket

I love this photo of the father/daughter dance... Lynn looks so debonaire!!!

Photobucket

So today our daughter and son inl aw live in Boston... they both have marvelous job and they are serving in their church and live in a beautiful new home.... being professional violinists in their pastimes,, they make lovely music together!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. How much do you LOVE weddings! I love to look at others' photos and pictures of weddings, browse the wedding sites, remember our own wedding and that of special friends and family. We have a family wedding coming up at the end of July. Ian's brother and fiancee will be married at the ruins of Spynie Palace, near Elgin. And your portrait is just beautiful! As are the photos of your daughter. I like the shadow box display, too. Making our personal, special things into art is one of my favourite things. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely albumn of beautiful photos. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your daughter were both beautiful brides.

    I admit that I love weddings, and I always cry. I just can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~