Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook



Outside my window...A new beginning... a cooler less humid week is in store for us this week.... a lovely day is dawning and all is right with the world


I am thinking...there is a smattering of desire within me to punch it up in my household organization and get some much needed house cleaning out of the way.... oh,, that this movement in my spirit will grow and blossom into a full blown urge and actual resolve to act and accomplish....


I am thankful ...for my dear husband who oversees so much around the house... our lawn and the shrub beds all look wonderful because of his tender care....and his help in the house makes a great difference as well... Lynn is such a wonderful husband!!!

I am wearing...turquoise tee and brown shorts

I am remembering.... to look into ordering tickets to see Chris Botti in concert this summer.... oh,, how I love his music.... listen for him here on my blog!

I am going...to Bible study this morning and hopefully, Dottie and I can plan a fun day this week....hopefully, we can do a run up the mountain to Floyd one day.... that is always fun, and perhaps the day lilies will be in bloom!!!


Books Im reading.....

Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs
Wild Mountain Thyme , by Rosamunde Pilchur
Christ is in Control, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter
Book of Isaiah
I love Liz Curtis Higgs. I was privileged to actually meet her in person this spring at a woman's conference... I have read many of her books and this one is proving to be just as enthralling and powerful in message!

I am hoping....to get our plans for our Boston trip under way this week... time to choose a bed and breakfast for breaking up the driving on our trip... that is always our special time together...such lovely places up through the NE... fun!!

On my mind...the role of the church (christian activity) operating in the authority and power Christ exhibited when He was raised for the dead... scripturally, that is our mandate, yet, the church seriously fails to do this.... but as we see the day approaching... these last days when the enemy is so prevalent in our society.... I am really digging in for truth and wisdom for such times as these...

Noticing that...time spent in His presence is the best medicine!

Pondering these words...
A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Charles Dickens


Around the house....laundry as usual... it never seems to go away and perhaps some really good clearing out... !

One of my favorite things... meeting and chatting with new folks from all over...on facebook of course... probably have said this before, but it does my heart good.

From my picture journal...
Photobucket

There is nothing quite as welcoming as a huge pot of geraniums!
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~