Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Homemaker

Photobucket
Ok,,, so it's Tuesday but does anyone really mind??
The Stay at Home Mom hosts this each week.
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Today is splendid... warm, bright, and sunny...   but the pollen count is atrocious and my allergies are running a muck!

Things that make me happy:
Reading anything that is set in the UK.  
Photobucket
  Now who wouldnt desire to read about life in this village??
THis is by the way a tranquil scene from teh Cotswold,,,  which is where my ancestors hailed from!


Book I'm reading:
  I am reading a book my darling daughter gave me for Christmas,  Kilcaraig, by Annabel Carothers.  This lovely novel is set in a village on the Scottish Isle of Mull.Only on page7  and Im captured hook, line, and sinker!
The Holy Bible,the Book of James  and the Book of Exodus
Heaven is for Real  by  Todd Burpo
  Unrelenting Prayer    by  Bob Sorge
What I'm enjoying on TV:
I do enjoy  to watch The Nate Berkus Show in the morning as I am able.   I find his show very uplifting and full of cost effective and good ideas  that inspire  me to improve our home.


And an occasion oldie but goldie movie or a cooking show


On the menu for dinner:
Lynn is bringing home  take out from our favorite Chinese restaurant


On my To Do List
unending laundry
research  the book Im reading  and develop a lesson plan for sharing with my prayer team
organize the clothes seasonally


Rather full week ahead!
Bible Study
marketing
Dental Appointment
Church fellowship dinner and Bible Study
Choir practice/ performance and Senior luncheon
Girls' Day Out
Ladies/Teens Breakfast
Teatime with Dottie /Attend a Play






New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I'm not too interested in cooking anything new this week
In the craft basket:
tinkering around with knitting again  but havent decided exactly what to attempt quite yet



Looking forward to this week:
Dottie and I will have our Girl's Day out all day on Saturday...   I can hardly wait  to sit over our tea and mull over the events of our lives...  


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):






Photobucket
My two favorite people in the world


On my mind:
After having  a rather disquieting morning, I cant help but wonder  why the Lord allows bad things to happen,, and sometimes in rapid succession.  But I quickly realize that I am not special.  God isnt a respecter of persons. He doesnt reserve easy lives for some and turmoil for others.  His love and mercy are boundless and merciful to all  .  Sometimes bad things happy to us draw us closer to him  that we might share in Christ's suffering and thus grow in perseverance and maturity.   Or sometimes    a tumult  will fall on us in an effort to protect us from something of great magnitude...  everything comes form or by the permissive will of the One who  loves me most, and is ultimately fro my good.  So  when trouble strikes  I must learn to not react explosively or cry out in dismay... but just persevere through what comes and pray for the silver lining  to manifest itself to me.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  James 1:2-5


1 comment:

  1. I want to hear more about this play you're attending! Sorry to hear of your rough morning- hope the week gets better for you.

    Love you (and that pic of dad & me!),
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~