Monday, May 16, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Photobucket



FOR TODAY

Today  started out  a bit  slow  with a gradual  burn off of morning fog...  to reveal a mostly cloudy  day..m with intermittent  rays of sun....  but the threat of rain is heavy in the air!

I am thinking...how wonderful  my Bible study class was this morning!  This week we discussed  just how important it is to being every thought under submission to the Lord...  for as a man thinketh, so is he!    We are so apt to rationalize  that its ok what we think  as long as we dont act on it or say what  we're thinking...  as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else,  just go ahead and  think it,  or  dream it or wish it... but  every moment of our lives is a battle for the mind...  It's where self control is born!  And what we harbor in the mind  what we rest on to think about  will affect our heart  and therein  our heart   will conceal the double minded thinking that can become idolatry or  at the least keep us in bondage to   sin...  It is a working out of our salvation  moment by moment    dying to self, renewing of the mind  that brings peace and reconcilation   with the Holy God

I am thankful for...  my life,  my family, my church,  my spiritual family,  our home, and most of all my salvation and Christ in me

From the kitchen.. since it is rather  cool today  I am thinking a nice homemade soup...

I am wearing..white crops, turquoise tee, spring green sweater


I am creating...  an attitude of organization in my spirit so that I can apply it to this studio and my closet
 

I am reading...  Ministries of Mercy by Timothy J. Keller  This book is actually to help mold my heart   to be merciful through church ministry... Heaven is for Real, by Todd Burpo. I highly recommend this book.  It is such a joy to rad and offers so much hope about God's kingdom! Im thinking of starting a novel  that my friend  got for me at the library book sale...   Robin Pilchur's  A Risk Worth Taking!   Looks really great!


I am hoping....to  get started on this organization project this afternoon

Around the house.... it is time to go a major culling out of stuff that hasnt been used in some time
  too much stuff!

One of my favorite things....again is planning....  wish I would implement as well as I can plan!.


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Monday -    Bible Study,   cleaning, cooking


Tuesday-   devotions allergy shot,   marketing, dad to the barber, visiting with my parents

Wednesday- cleaning,  laundry,  Church dinner  /Bible Study

Thursday- devotions, shopping

Friday-  devotions,  hopefully coffee or breakfast out with a friend

Saturday-  Prayer chapel

A glimpse into my life
Last week for Mother's Day,  Lynn and I enjoyed taking a picnic dinner to mom and dad. It wa so much like old times! PhotobucketPhotobucket
 Both my parents  were in good stead that day and we had such a lovely visit!
  Photobucket
 It was nice to see Lynn kick back and relax, too!

For the 2011 edition of The Simple Woman's Daybooks visit Peggy here!http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Schotzy; I really enjoyed reading your post,,and I say Amen.... I love the photos of your parents,,,, glad you had a wonderful Mothers day with them.... have a wonderful week.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those projects sound great-- just organize a bit at a time and you'll be finished before you know it. Glad to hear you're getting rid of some stuff and simplifying! Hope your week is off to a good start!

    Love you,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~