Monday, June 16, 2014

Steeped in Charm



Life gets so  hectic, doesnt it... sometimes, I  hardly have time to  get  it all done and  find time to rest and   just  replenish my  own soul...  but  then again, sometimes,  while in the midst of all the flurrying,  a  simple, wonderful pleasure  comes along....  I call them God's  special gifts  to me.  For example,  a month ago, Lynn and I were on a  trip  for a wedding and    we certainly didnt  have time to  take in the shops, but  while we were   out and about  just casing the area for goodies, there was a little Home Goods  store tucked in between  some  stores in a strip mall...  I  had just enough time to  run and  and  there it was  

The gorgeous New Country Roses  cup and saucer  by Royal Albert...    Such a  sweet  and delicate pink  with    bouquets of  lovely roses....  who could resist?  
Then  I worked a charity yard sale Saturday... I mean a huge  sale  that brought in thousands of dollars.. and when I   returned at the end  with my husband who was  helping with the  packing  away to take  the residuals to Good Will there it was  ....
Crying out to me  from the leftovers.."Please, take me home!"
The  most perfect ceramic sign, how  could a verified tea lover like me  turn that down...  so  what a  happy little vignette  these  items  make on my  side board.. even when life is hectic,  my  thoughts of tea  are  soothed  by the very sight of  my happy arrangement...

  

Make it Pretty 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely. Can't beat Royal Albert! and the sign is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how lovely to find the NCR teacup; a perfect match to the teapot my hubby gifted me with for Christmas. I love the soft pink! Your sign is a pretty find too. Thanks so much for sharing with us and joining me for tea. Have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sign! Perfect! And the new teacup is lovely! Glad you had a blessing! Serendipity is so much fun! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this series of cups and saucers! This is a sweet post that you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one does roses like Royal Albert. The sign is great! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How we come by some of our treasures adds to our enjoyment. What a lovely cup and nice memory. Love the sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe these treasures were God's little gifts for you, just waiting to be discovered. The ceramic quote is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is so wonderful that way! Oh, I love it! I was looking for one of these and have put it aside for now - I'll have to check out a Home Goods - I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~