Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Up close and Personal

Sometimes I  like to just get upclose and personal... whether  inside or out.....  a close up of my  gorgeous pink petunias  greet visitors  by the door...
The blue salvia  flanks my    statuary  on the wall... 
 A precious hand crafted and  painted  butterfly  my mother made  for me about 20 years ago graces  the dining room  arrangement on the sideboard... 
 My  style  is  pretty eclectic and  very    floral as I bring the out doors inside..... especially in spring...
 A mix of  all manner of items  displayed throughout.. like this  small hobnail  vase of violas,   I remember  this vase in my grandma's kitchen window..
 HAHAHA a leftover from March.... a Celtic cross hidden away in a sea of green silk hydrangeas...
 And always a bird or two, to remind me of our little Birdie....

This may be the last  time I will be  using  silk  blues this season, as my  very own hydrangea bush  has many  buds on it this year...   I am so happy about that!!!!! 

I confess that upclose photos today   made sense because the  rooms around  the house  as still in somewhat of a disarray...  Birdie's  play yard is still assembled in the living room,  and  the  dining table is  still  a gathering place for  things  ever sense the girls were here and  it   became the packing headquarters  as  they were prepapring to leave us...  what to   take and what to leave behind....sad to admit,  I dont want to put Birdie's  toys away.... it makes me really feel like Grammy CC  to have  them lying about... BUT  tomorrow is another day and Lynn and I  are determined we are going to get a handle on the house....  well, what I mean is...  there is simply too much clutter.... I  want to  cull out about a ton of stuff for a very important   yard sale  to help fund a young 6 year old's  cancer treatment from our church....praise God the   leukemia is treatable  but  the  chemo is very expensive....  what better time than this to  make a difference in my house   to help make a difference in  this  little boy's life!  







1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are lovely. I just adore the flowers and the idea of helping someone out is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~