Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge


From this Side of the Pond


Hosted by Joyce!

1. The Hodgepodge lands on the second day of a brand new month. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in September.

As I have written before,  September means  autumn,  and cooler weather... ahhhh!   I can't wait!   But towards the end of the month  our precious granddaughter has  her birthday... I will be wishing  we could be there, but alas, it just isnt possible!  Daggone, this ole co-vid!


2. Do you enjoy browsing second-hand shops? Last thing you bought or 'inherited' second hand?

I do enjoy them very much.  I love finding treasures that accent my Olde English decor. I 
have found several things, such as some exquisite wrought pieces, and a fabulous painting of St. George slaying the dragon!  As well as, the various colors of transferware  I collect.

3. Something you had second thoughts about after committing to, purchasing, or posting/commenting  online?   Joyce mentioned volunteering  as  one of her  second thoughts. Oh, my when I was  younger I used to be called by the Heart Assoc, The Cancer Society, and The  Diabetes Network  all asking me to canvass and collect for my neighborhood.  I  was too embarassed to consider  not saying yes.  But I was even more embarassed to  go up to my neighbors  begging for money  about every month.. in the  fall or  whenever it was.. I did this for a couple of years and  the second thoughts finally got to me and I just failed to answer the phone,  ever, back then we didnt have caller ID. HUbs knew better than to  call me to one of their calls.  Then they started to just send me the packet and  I  not very nicely threw it in the trash..  they finally got the picture!


4. What's a product or service you use that you'd rate as second to none?
My husband loves  Spray Nine!


Spray Nine All-Purpose Cleaner-Disinfectant, 24-oz. Bottles (SHR-SN26824)

Spray Nine All-Purpose Cleaner and Disinfectant


Just one bottle of Spray Nine All-Purpose Cleaner and Disinfectant does the job of several products for all of your household, automotive and professional office or restaurant janitorial cleaning needs. One product cleans and sanitizes all surfaces and does it all! Spray Nine’s professional strength formula has been trusted for over 50 years because it tackles the toughest tasks with less scrubbing. 100% VOC compliant means you can replace the old heavy solvent degreasers with this eco-friendly option. Although it is VOC compliant, it is strong enough to control mold and mildew and destroy bacterial odors.This hospital grade disinfectant kills HIV-1, influenza A2 and other viruses in 30 seconds. It also eliminates Salmonella choleraesuis, E coli. Also Staphylococcus aureus, and other germs in 45 seconds.

5. Something you do so often or that comes so naturally to you it's second nature ?
Again, I must agree with my host, Joyce,  meals  are  so second nature I can get them on the table and not remember cooking them!  Especially  stir fry.. one of our favorites!  

There again,  once a person attains the life experience of 70 years,  you just learn to trust the Lord in all things..  You can go through  all kinds of calamities and hardship,  and you just trust God will either    take you through it,  take you around it, or bring you home..  I can live life happily knowing that!

6. Insert your own random thought here.Life is so    fun..  I mean, even in  odd circumstances,  fun things happens.  Take my gout issue.  It is  not  a bit fun. I mean, it hurts like a son of a gun!   And sometimes you might think it will never  clear up.  Even being on  the  daily medicine to keep it away, for some folks it is in the blood..  my dad had  recurring bouts of it and so do I. My husband was  talking to his barber about mine  a couple of months ago. Lo, and behold the next day  the barber called to speak to me and tell me about his gout and what he does for it.  We talked for an hour.  So funny,  this  guy has hair to his waist  and he wears it in a ponytail..  I haven't  spoken to him a lot but have known him as Hub's barber for decades .  Anyway I found he was a Christian and we had the best conversation.  It was a hoot.  But then Sunday Hubs was talking to  a guy at church who also has  terrible gout pain. Now he is an undertaker.  This morning he called from the funeral home to talk to me about my gout! I didnt realize there was an  unadvertized spport group for gout sufferers, but I tell you,  if your looking   for a way to meet  guys , just let the word get around that you suffer with gout!  Your phone may start ringing off the wall!

6 comments:

  1. My husband has gout too so I know what you are talking about
    (Very painful).
    I enjoyed all of your answers today.
    Have a great Wednesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew that having gout was a way to meet guys? I'll let my single friend know!
    I'll have to look into that Spray Nine stuff.
    I love your comment about Trusting our Lord. Selling my home.
    Moving across country. Looking for a new home. I'm practicing my Trusting God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning products in general are hard to find lately. I got talked into canvassing for the Heart Association one year. They're hard to say no to!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew you'd one day have your own gout support group? I live in New England also, and I've enjoyed the cooler weather this week! It was so nice.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your answers. Your random thought was very fun to read without thinking about the pain. Sorry for your pain but glad you have support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those charities used to catch me, too, and they make you feel so guilty if you say no. So, like you, I got roped into it for several years. I hated it. No one in my neighborhood ever donated to them. I finally did the same as you...stopped answering their calls.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...