Hosted by Joyce!
1. What's one thing you learned at the ripe old age of whatever age you are now? You really are only as old as you act like you are. I was dreading turning 70 in this already crazy year. I was a bit concerned about being old. I actually feel younger at heart and mind than I have in some time. It is a state of mind!
2. I read here a list of foods that can help you look younger-
extra virgin olive oil, green tea, fatty fish, dark chocolate, vegetables, flaxseeds, pomegranates, avocados, tomatoes, spices, bone broth
How many of the foods listed have you tried? How many do you eat regularly? Your favorite from the list?I hadn’t really sought after these food except that I do like them. I love extra virgin olive oil, avocados, dark chocolate, and vegetables. I am not a fan of tomatoes. I used to love them, but they don’t like me now!I love pomegranate juice! Yum!
3. Something you miss from the 'good old days'? When were the good old days anyway? To me I grew up in the good ole days, when you didn’t need to lock your door, Families walked together to their neighbor church. Folks sat out on their porches and people were neighborly! Mom’s stayed home, cooked, made clothes, gardened, and put up stores for the winter. It was a wholesome time. No drugs, no violence on tv. I loved the early tv shows. Good fun entertainment.
4. What are two or three of the most rewarding things to be found in growing older? As a Christian, growing older means you find yourself loosening your grip on material . things. Your fear of death vanishes, as you realize this is not your home. You really are a wayfarer passing through. Your life becomes much mor3 peaceful..
5. What's your favorite part of your life right now?We both have learned not to eat so much. When we go out for dinner we get 3 meals out of Take home. I don’t have to cook meals much anymore. We find eating fruit and crackers are very satisfying. The dishes are much easier to wash, and weight is easier to lose!i love keeping a glass of ice water nearby. I actually always drink it and go refill it again!
6. Insert your own random thought here.I am so excited about the coming autumn. The temperatures are cooler, the trees are beginning to turn. Speaking of loosening one’sgrasp on things. In my life I have loved magazines, Victoria Bliss, Southern Lady, Tea Time, magazines that celebrate the seasons and the holidays. And I always had a very hard time getting rid of them. I had actually become a hoarder. I think it was I couldn’t throw them away. I had several racks brimming full, stacks on some book shelves, and stacks even piled on radiators in unused rooms. I was so bad! Well, yesterday I culled through all of them and have two heavy stacks of really nice recipe and decorating ideas ready to take to the yard sale. I figure some one might want one for a dime. After it’s over, if they don’t sale it will be easier to throw away knowing I tried to give hem a new home.

I loved all of your answers today, especially #3.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Wednesday my friend.
I really enjoyed your answers. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. smiles
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on #4. There is so much peace and contentment at this point in my Christian walk.
ReplyDeleteThis was a good visit today. As Christians our perspective of this world is different from those who aren't. I also wrote that the fact this is not my home, releases me from fear of the unknown. Peace and contentment are such blessings.
ReplyDeleteNodding my head as I read through your answers. I'm halfway to 70 and I wonder how that happened. I'm happy in my own skin and happy that being with Jesus is my ultimate hope. Hope the rest of your week goes well.
ReplyDeleteI loved your answer to #3, I could close my eyes and just see the scene. Tea Time is the only magazine subscription I have, my husband and I are big afternoon tea fans and I love their recipes.
ReplyDeleteWe are the same age. I don't FEEL my age--you're as old as you act and feel?
ReplyDeleteI have only one subscription--to Interweave Knitting because it has lots of great knitting patterns. I'm a fan of the British edition of Country Living but don't subscribe to it.
This time of life is definitely one to practice peace and contentment.