Monday, September 14, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY September 14, 2009...

The beginning of a new week, establishing new routines....

the air is fresh, with a hint of autumn ...I look forward to the changing colors and season.

I am thankful for... God's fresh perspective ~He is faithful to continually provide... when things seem overwhelming or not quite right... instead of the dreaded spirit of dismay I used to operate within, now he pours fresh insight, hope, and counsel into my spirit...


From the kitchen... cabbage and an overload of tomatoes await my attention today!

Hmm, there is bound to be something I can concoct to utilize their goodness!


I am wearing...my pj's just havent gotten dressed yet!


I am creating... a plan of attack for organizing this studio which has gotten somewhat out of control since our return from Amanda's. Yikes!!!


I am going..to be getting very busy in the coming weeks with new studies and books to read and apply! My time on computer will be more limited for sure!!!

I am reading... September by Rosamund Pilchur,

the Psalms,

Book of Daniel, Beth's Moore's study of Daniel,

Experiencing God, by Henry Blackaby

First Place 4 Health by Carol Lewis


I am hoping...to really get every area of my life in balance through the studies I am pursuing this fall.


I am praying... for strength to accomplish my hope!

I am hearing...the wafting Scottish melodies on my blog... love it so much!


Around the house...just some general pick up and continuing laundry!

One of my favorite things... time spent with family and friends!


A few plans for the rest of the week:

Monday: taking Mom and Dad to Bible study at their church this morning then doing some bible study on my own, First Place meeting tonight
Tuesday: Picking up Dottie and Gerri and spending the day traveling up the valley to a quaint town and shopping at the Cheese shop, fabric store, and bakery, followed by lunch and joyful fellowship.... dropping of a bundle of goodies from the shop at Jan's to take to the kids when they go up. .
Wednesday: Bible Study, meet with friends from church to discuss ministry and then church fellowship dinner and begin CLU class on Experiencing God!

Thursday: Senior Adult Breakfast, kick off the new season with the New Spring Singers, Daniel study in the evening
Friday : Take mom and dad to the doctor and do more study and reading

Saturday: early morning prayer meeting and group discussion

Here is picture I thought I 'd share with you

Photobucket
A week ago today Amanda and Josh took us north to Walden Pond, site of Thoreau's sanctuary and inspiration.
Easily a spot where one would love to break out the canvas and paints to capture the peaceful, tranquil beauty of creation.
Photobucket
and to break the solitude with a bit of horseplay!
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your Daybooks each week! You sound so at peace and it shows through your daybook! have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~