Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Three or More Tuesday

Photobucket

This morning has been such a delight! With a brisk breeze on the air, I met the girls at the track for what I hope will become a three time a week habit... that would be something for me!!!Unfortunately only after 4 times around this morning I had to call it quits due to the winds c0mplicating my sinuses... for Amanda's sake... I did make the circuit 5 times yesterday!! (Patting myself on the back!)
When I got home, the morning was just so cheery and bright, I felt an olde English mood come upon me so I brewed a bit of tea and decided on some whole wheat toast with a smear of melted butter and a dollop of marmelade... nice!
Photobucket
Just the treat to dabble over as I perused day three ( Chapter 3) of Beth Moore's study of Daniel. Awesome stuff, pondering scripture like
IChronicles 29: 17-18~
I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. 18 O LORD, God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep this desire in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you.
Just as Daniel and his friends chose to follow God even when it meant facing the fiery furnace, we, too, may someday be forced to make a stand for God... be tested for our loyalty and integrity before Him.

But as I sat at my cosy table and contemplated the wickedness of our world, I was blinded by the beauty of God all around me.Gazing up from my half eaten breakfast, I was enraptured by the fallish enticements that were drawing my eyes..
Photobucket
Across the room...
Photobucket
and out the windows
Photobucket
where my gaze lingered on the fence posts where a chipmunk chanced to scamper.
Or out the side windows
Photobucket
where autumn is making its great attempt to romance us with its depth of color and design.

Photobucket

A closer look reveals of the luscious explosion of mums dripping over the wall in their autumnal glory....
God's creation does ever remind us of His graciousness, His mercy, His lovingkindness and His wonderful sovereignty because of which we know that He is able to keep that we have committed to Him against that day!!!! Glory of God!!!

Visit The Gypsy's Corner for more TOMT!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You write so beautifully.
    And of course it is always more beautiful when it is exclaiming the glory of God.
    Thanks for joining us on 3 or more.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely place you have to sit and contemplate God's word! The pretty view makes it easy to be distracted. At least it would for me and then I would find myself daydreaming. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~