Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Three or more Tuesday

Visit The Gypsy's Corner to participate in Three or More Tuesday!
Photobucket
As a Christian I hate to confess this but I really do have an irrational fear of bridges. I don't actually fear the bridge itself, it is that I imagine being knocked over the side of them while driving or riding across. When trip planning comes up then I am always studying the route wondering about the bridges we might encounter. I was pretty much dreading driving up to Boston because of the Newburgh/Beacon bridge over the Hudson in upper state NY! I mean I prayed a lot about my fears, and did spiritual warfare previously, but when the time actually came to travel on it, I had told my friend, Dottie, I'd call her and give her a blow by blow account of the ride across this almost 2 mile bridge. That really helped as we made our approach and I saw just how high up and long the bridge was. ...with 3 broad lanes coming and going... it was really something. Of course, there were other bridges on the trip like the old truss structure across the Potomac near Harper's Ferry, and this one across the Susquehannock near Gettysburg.
Photobucket
By the time we got to Boston I soon learned to know no fear, as there were bridges after bridges all around that gorgeous jewel of a city situated on the Charles River, by Boston Bay.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some of the most charming views of the city are revealed from bridgeside. I think I really lost most of my trepidation as we rode the trolley across the Charles. Our driver was so animated with both hands retelling the adventures of Paul Revere, she must have been driving the trolley with her feet, as both hands were in the air most of the time! She was enthralling and the bridge became inconsequential.
Back and forth across so many long bridges, I atually lost count!
Photobucket
I actually couldnwait to go across the newest, gorgeous span right past the Garden when the Celtics play.
Photobucket
Photobucket
By the time we made our way back across the Hudson I was merrily taking pictures of the magnificent scenery!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I used to be the same way about going over the bridges.

    There was one to my folks house where they lived years ago, and there was lake on each side. I would just picture going off through the rail and what i would do to get out of the car once it hit the water.

    Maybe a subconscious fear because i had almost drowned 3 times as a kid.

    Thanks for joining in on three or more.

    Guest hosting for Tam

    Barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures and bridges Schotzy! I'm so glad that you were able to conquer your fear of them and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~