Monday, September 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY September 21, 2009...

I cannot believe that autumn is finally knocking on the door! I love autumn!

...I look forward to the changing colors and season.

I am thankful for... the Lord's guidance, His perfect work in our lives... especially when we have rather made a mess of things.... He is there and when we turn to Him completely and give up the reins... He is faithful to help and make things right! Praise you, My God, my ever present help in times of trouble!!!!!

From the kitchen...today I am attempting to put together the delicious salad Amanda made for us when we visited... I'll post about it later.

I am wearing...orange tee and dark wash jeans.

I am creating... well, I didnt get along so well in the studio last week so it is still on my short list.

I am going..to be very busy with my Bible studies this fall. I love them, though... I am well into week two in Beth Moore's Daniel... amazing! I am finishing week one of Experiencing God today and have not started First Place yet. But much of the work I am doing in the other two will count toward commitments in First Place, thank goodness!

I am reading... September by Rosamund Pilchur,

the Psalms,

Book of Daniel, Beth's Moore's study of Daniel,

Experiencing God, by Henry Blackaby

First Place 4 Health by Carol Lewis

I am hoping...to really get every area of my life in balance through the studies I am pursuing this fall.

I am praying... a renewal of my mind in many areas. Oh, Lord, teach me your ways!

I am hearing...the new music I have added to my blog... I love Joshua Bell's violin! Such an amazing talent!

Around the house...again I need to focus on the upstairs and my studio in particular!

One of my favorite things... that very first cup of coffee! What an eye opener!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Monday: taking Mom and Dad to Bible study at their church this morning, followed by a trek to the grocer, then doing some bible study on my own, preparing food to take to the Ronald McDonald House this evening to share for our P. Buckley Moss meeting.

Tuesday: Walking the track hopefully, then meeting Dottie for coffee at the Daily Grind!

Wednesday: Bible Study, church fellowship dinner and begin CLU class on Experiencing God!

Thursday: working on Bible study in the morning and attending Daniel study in the evening

Friday : Same, same, same, I suppose

Saturday: Would love to attend the Medieval faire, Highland Festival at Green Hill Park

Here is picture I thought I 'd share with you

Photobucket This marvelous, beautiful church is the fantastic church amanda and joshua have decided to join... located right in front of the Massachusetts State House...
Photobucket
It is one of Boston's oldest and most renown churches. They are celebrating their 200th anniversary this year with such fabulous speakers as John Piper, and Ravi Zacharias. We are thrilled they have this rare opportunity to associate with such a wonderful and great Bible Teaching church and their homegroup is right near their own neighborhood. God is so awesome!!
Photobucket
Glory to God!!!


For more about this theme visit The Simple Woman!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see these pictures of Park Street turned out so well. We are so happy there and praise God for his guidance and direction in leading us to fellowship there! Have a wonderful Monday!

    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day book Schotzy!! I always love to read your words. Sounds like you have a very busy week planned!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~