Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

Photobucket

Amanda served us the most scrumptious salad made of fresh cut corn, avocado, and tomatoes. I couldnt wait to try my hand at it. So last night I fixed it to take to the P. Buckley Moss meeting where we took a dish to share at the Ronald McDonald House. This dish is a great way to utilyze those fresh veggies coming in during late summer in our area.

Photobucket

Corn, Avocado, Tomato Salad

3 ears of fresh corn on the corn (raw) kennels cut off the cob

1 red onion chopped

2 large tomatoes deseeded and chopped

1/2 red pepper chopped

1 green onion and tops chopped

2 avocados peeled and chopped

1/4 C chopped cilantro

( I dont like cilantro, so I used chopped parsley)

2 T extra virgin olive oil

juice of 1 fresh squeezed lime

salt and pepper to tase

I also added about 1/2 t. Splenda but the recipe I found didnt call for it.

Mix all the veggies together. In a small bowl whisk the oil, lime juice, and seasoning together.

Toss it all together and serve at room temperature. I served it with corn chips (Scoops) and it was a wonderfully, tasty side dish.

To join in the fun visit Blessed with Grace! There you'll find loads of great tempting recipes today! Happy cooking!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! I have to try this. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm having my first giveaway, come and have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice easy recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~