Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Daily "Pearls"

Photobucket



Through my window: It is mid July..... a bit of a respite from the heat has finally drifted in to bring us relief..... there is the smell of summer rain in the air.....
Through my door: I'll be leaving shortly to take my mom to a social event with her church friends.... over to Sarah and Wally's... for a cook out... I am bringing my homemade chili for the hotdogs... and a nice charred hotdog with chili sounds pretty good to me today!!!
Hearing: I am listening to the music on my blog.... the Piano Solo from Braveheart is currently playing.... such a haunting melody... it conjures such depths of feeling and remembrance...
What's Cooking:Well, Lynn wanted me to thaw some pork chops so I suppose that would be the thing to do... thankfully he brought home Chinese for dinner last evening.
Hearth and Home: I purchased new picture frames to hold my family coat of arms so that they will all match ... my two older ones have always been in the basement den... but I am bringing them up and creating a family collection of artifacts in the central hall of our home....
Healthy Living: This is week two of our summer study for the first Place Bible ZInitiative whereby we are striving to balance our lives in it's 4 fold attributes.. spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional..... this week the challenge is to lose 2 pounds and keep them off... Keepiing it off has been a trial for me lately!!!!
Creative Corner: The heat of the day has taken its toll on my wonderful blue hydrangea bush this summer.... the blooms have all withered and turned brown... I am fortunate that the lovely blossoms I cut for a boouquet actually dried nicely and I am using them as a dried bouquet now... as they retained their luscious deep hue. Bu I also purchased a few blue hydrangeas in silk this week to incorporate into an arrangement... one can never have enough blue hydrangeas in summer!!!
Reading:

First Place Bible Study... A Summer Study
The Book of Isaiah
PS God Loves You Devotional by Connie Witter

On My Mind: How fortunate I am to live this life... this family....this time in human history....
it is funny... I used to really wish I could have lived in the days of yore... or wished I lived in another land.... well.. I still do sometimes daydream about living in the highlands or the on the moors of the United Kingdom....but I am chasing a rabbit trail.... I am very much aware of America's fall from grace..... beginning in the 60's when government took prayer out of the schools.... and then in the last decade whereby our society is attempting to eliminate God from all public arenas... Oh, if only the church had been bold to stand up for God in those early days.... but she was complacent.... not paying attention.... too comfortable in her slumber and lukewarm ness to realize what was happening.... today one only needs to look to Europe to see what happens when God is taken out of the scheme of man's affairs... all forms of evil are upheld and the there is no godly vision... without vision then the people perish...
I speak to wonderful people in the Uk on a daily basis... people whom I am pleased to call my friends... yet I am so burdened for them as they have lost touch with the Lord... many have no idea who he is.... They dont even understand the premise of a Bible study.... they cant fathom a desire to know God...yet... the enemy has perpetrated all kinds of schemes on them which draws them more and more into his clutches.... through music and ideologies... seeing these things I am consumed with the notion that our nation is hurtling toward this very same abyss at an alarming pace.... so I think... what is my responsibility... what should be the response of the church.. this is an awesome time to be alive... God is putting an urgency and a mission in my heart..... a vision is in the making.... I ponder and pray for the boldness to move wth it into action!


My prayer life.I am still seeking to be more intentional in praying...our corporate praying every other saturday isnt enough.... it is time in my life for intentional perseverance of prayer... lifting our home, our community, our church and our nation before God for His mercy, direction, His protection, and His hand to be on us....


Gratefulness: I am grateful for the direction I see God leading me... the opportunities and the growth.. the developing wisdom of when to speak and what to say.... little by little I am yielding my flesh to His spirit.... praise God!!!

Praying:So many requests from so many....for health, stability, healing, strength, courage, forgiveness, unity, wisdom, provision, ..."Help us" Lord!"

Planning: There tucked away in the back of my mind is the necessity for me to create a song file of my favorite tunes to take along to Boston... we're using our GPS and a comuter file to run the music through our car radio..... uploading the files is becoming a bane to me.... getting it into the mp3 format..... why does this seem so diffiuclt this time??? What am I doing wrong.. Oh.. just keep it tucked away back there until........
Simple Pleasures: I must admit I just really enjoy chatting with my friends around the world through Facebook.... it is amazing to me that that is even possible... a simple thing to chat across the fence... but to chat across the world......
Thanks to Thia. I just happened on her site tonight and fell in love with this theme so I am borrowing it. Her original is found on her site, Harvest of Pearls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~