Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


Photobucket
The Stay at Home Mom hosts this each week.
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Hot, hot, and more hot! Dry, dry, dry!! Would love a nice rainy day or 2 or 5.

Things that make me happy:
Cool, refreshing, reviving rain!


Book I'm reading:
Knowing God, by James Tarter


What I'm enjoying on TV:
The second season of the series All Creatures Great and Small


On the menu for dinner:
Bar-be-cued boneless pork ribs



On my To Do List:
Sweep and mop the floors
Fold put away laundry
Organize my studio... why does it forever more need to be organized


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
The almost sugar free chocolate cake recipe of the side panel of the Betty Crocker box that Gerri shared with us last mnth... Im taking it to Bible study this week


In the craft basket:

home-made cards



Looking forward to this week:
Getting my yard sale items over to the church for the huge benefit sale and working hard there to get the items we've been amassing priced ...it will be really good to get this chore behind us... huge undertaking!!


Tips and Tricks:
well I am just enthralled with these waxless battery operated candles that look so nice "burning" but won't burn your house down! Im in the process of collecting some for every room!!


My favorite blog post this week:
probably this one.... I need to blog more, I think... been a little off my game lately


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

A Year from Oak Cottage
I love Marie's blog... I go there for encouragement and ideas on the most scrumptious meals.... but dont stop by unless you have several minutes to just revel in her offerings..
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Photobucket

Well I have to share anyway... I almost let July get past me without sharing our precious little patriot.... she will be 25 in just 3 days so I will take this opportunity to wish her a wonderful happy birthday!!!!

Lesson learned the past few days:


How important it is to practice Godliness every moment especially those moments when we are alone in the house facing a trial, perhaps a test for the Lord... not to have a conniption fit just because no one is around.... Im not so sure there wasnt a crowd in the room last Thursday when I got a little bent out of shape.....


On my mind:
So much trouble in the world... so many needing jobs, homes, healings!


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in silver settings!
Proverbs 25:11

2 comments:

  1. I would like to invite you to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I saw your site for Drew on FB and am an official fan! Hope sorting and everything went well. Love you!
    -a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~