Friday, July 30, 2010

Pink Saturday

Photobucket

Happy PINK Saturday!!

I 'm in the Pink
this weekend as we are deep in the throes of planning our
yearly trip to Boston!
Photobucket

Now, this is a 12 hour drive for us so we are breaking
up the trip with a few side attractions!
First, we have box seats for Chris Botti, jazz trumpeter.. at the Wolf Trap near Washington,DC.
Photobucket
To quote the Wolf Trap's own words, "The best selling jazz instrumentalist in music today, this crossover jazz trumpeter has shared the stage and screen with big names including Sting, Paul Simon, Josh Groban, and Steven Tyler.

The next day our
Pink adventures
continue in New York as we stop over in Warwick and the Warwickshire Bed and Breakfast!!

Photobucket

This gorgeous Victorian Home was built in 1893 and exudes the drama and charm of an OLDE English Manor.... Just my style for
true Pinkness and delight!


Photobucket
Of course, our visit with the kids in Boston always delivers the rarest kind of
Pink pleasure..
just to sit around their table and chat or watch an old vintage movie together warms the cockles of my heart...


Photobucket

but on this visit we plan visiting Cape Cod as well.
Photobucket
Whether were taking in all the sites, or digging into some amazing seafood...
Photobucket
Pinkness level
will be shooting skyhigh on our visit!

Then on our return home we will detour with a stopover at a favorite Bed and Breakfast in Lititz, PA... The Swiss Woods...
Photobucket
Here you can see , last year,Lynn was in the
PINK
as we enjoyed out morning coffee in our private garden retreat right outside the door of our room!
Photobucket

All in all, a wonderful excursion, sure to put
roses
in our cheeks and a lilting
Pink glow
upon our faces...

For more Pink Saturday visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!!!

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your PINKNESS today!!
Yes, I did take a bit of Pink Licence with my post this week but having a pink attitude of expectation is as good as Pink gets for me!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you will have ... love the home & garden.

    Have a lovely PINK summer's weekend ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    PS We are having a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a beautiful visit into your part of the world. You have taken me on a personal tour of a place I have yet to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn!
    Sounds like you have a lot of pink fun ahead of you!
    Being from New England originally...I am envious that you will be enjoying Boston and the Cape...enjoy!!! Now I live in the Harrisburg PA area...so I will have to check out that B&B in Lititz which isn't very far from me! My brother lives in Alexandria VA...so perhaps we will check into seeing Chris Botti as well...we all love his music!
    Have a FABulous time!!!
    :-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I was going with you ;0)
    Have a wonderful time ~ Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday! That B&B looks so romantic and enchanting! Have a great trip, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your trip and visiting with family. Love your header. Have a lovely weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my kind of trip. Gotta love B&B's!! A belated Happy Pink Saturday to you! Peggy x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~