Friday, July 2, 2010

Pink Saturday

Photobucket


Happy 234th Birthday,


America!



It is an honor to fly our beautiful America flag... whether in support of our valiant troops who serve our nation, or in celebration of our various National holidays...
This week we've been flying the colors inside our home as well!
Photobucket
This is my seasonal tree that I deck out in festive apparel throughout the year... situated in the sunroom it always hosts my collection of birds in recognition of the beautiful birds we attempt to attract to our yard each season and enjoy watching so much from every vantage point in this room.
This week this decor helped to welcome my wonderful Wednesday morning Bible Study ladies in our home.. It was fun preparing patriotic refreshments for my dear friends...
Photobucket
One of my favorite magazines provided the inspiration !
Photobucket
I purchased a lemon pound cake from Krogers and cut the top off of it... then whipped 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, and 1/4 cup of lemoncello until soft peaks formed... and piled it on the top of the cake.. then layered fresh blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries on top...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Skewered melon slices,toasted Allouette cheese (spinach and artichoke) topped potato/ lavendar bread slices served with a slice of fresh garden tomato and mixed nuts completed the savories I served...
To quinch our thirst I mixed up delectable blueberry pomegranate spritzer, using lemon lime soda, cranberry pomegranate juice and a dash of blueberry syrup...served over ice! Yummy!
Photobucket
It was a lovely occasion to celebrate our freedom in our nation, more importantly our freedom in Christ... with a dash of pinkness in our spirit!!


For more Pink Saturday visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!!!

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your PINKNESS today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~