Thursday, July 15, 2010

No Rain Date Necessary

This week I was privileged to chaffeur my parents to their Woodlanders cookout hosted by our dear friends, Sarah and Wally... The weather forecat was iffy on Tuesday ut the threat of rain only brought a respite form the hot dry conditions we've been experiencing.... plus, Wally's wonderful covered patio served us well. So let the good rain come, we enjoyed its welcome visitation. Sarah, the hostess with the mostess, never fails to create a festive and welcoming affair
Photobucket

My parents certainly enjoyed fellowshiping with their church friends...

Photobucket

I really love wally's home... the environs are so beautiful, and lush...

Photobucket

The food and drink flowed freely... and I was good... I refused to eat my hot dog on a bun.... then I was able to enjoy my brownie!!

Photobucket
Summer is a time for relaxed fellowship and fun family affairs.

One really does need to make accommodations whereever possible with all the wonderful food events that make summer so enjoyable!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Proud of you for making smart food choices- it's difficult when tasty food abounds (like at any function with Sarah's cooking!).

    Love you and hope you're having a good week!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~