Monday, August 13, 2012

Lord, it is time! I pray!


A Delightsome Life
Kathy of   The Delightsome Life  hosts this  beautiful theme each week... 
  Today I am sharing  about  my wonderful new inspiration...
Saturday I picked up my copy of  
The Cottage Journal Autumn Cottage
The Autumn Cottage Journal    published by Hoffman Media.
Every page is  inspiration   for  transforming  the home into an autumnal    glory....   After this  excruciatingly hot summer,   I think every9one  has autumn on the mind....
 this periodical     will more than    tickle your fancy bone...   I  guarantee  it will spur you to action  to do something to prepare for  an autumn fest of    warm colors,   striking   venues,  and   cosy    memorable occasions around hearth 
and home!


"Alas, that my heart is a lute, 

Whereon you have learned to play! 
For a many years it was mute, 
Until one summer's day 
You took it, and touched it, and made it thrill, 
And it thrills and throbs, and quivers still!" 
- Anne Barnard, My Heart is a Lute, 1815

For myself... I started making of  list of  "must-have "  things to  begin gathering....
assorted gourds
pumpkins
vines
berries
dried hydrangeas
  fall    flowers
amandasvisitoct004

At the same time  I need to :

remove   spring/summer  decor and  pastel flowers

lighten up   the tabletops
think minimal
 pull out the autumn pillows
  think about good books   to use  as  table top  anchoring  decor
  bring out  homey items like mother's dough board and other 
  wooden items  out of storage
  consider  subdued lighting
  think about  autumn's  sensual      elements  regarding music,  aromas,     textures,   etc
    I am   truly ready to  move ahead  with autumn whether the calendar says so or not!!!!
I share  my heart song with this poet...


"Lord, it is time. 
The summer was very big. 

Lay thy shadow on the sundials, and on the meadows let the winds go loose. 
Command the last fruits that they shall be full; give them another two more southerly days,
press them on to fulfillment and drive the last sweetness into the heavenly wine." 
- Rainer Maria Rilke

I am also  sharing  on Mosaic Monday
Preview

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit. I am with you. I have so many plans for garden transformations that I wish for cooler weather now. I can't wait to read this gorgeous publication - looking forward to its inspiration. I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I love the inspiration pictures as well. I too am ready for cooler breezes. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from A Return to Loveliness. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-10.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're getting a bit of cooler weather this week! Glad you had such an enjoyable visit with your prayer sisters last weekend! Tell Dottie I'm praying for her too.

    Love you,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~