Thursday, September 6, 2012

Home-ifying Made Simple


Preview
Tablescape Thursday
  Last week    After   perusing   an old edition of TeaTime magazine,  I  encountered a lovely   quote

"Something about autumn simply feels like coming home...."I loved that!   So simple yet so all-encompassing!
And I thought , "And the kids are  coming  home  in two weeks!"   and  after   evaluating  the  condition of  my  sad  late  summer   decor     I  was   challenged to   spruce it up  and  "home" ify   what  ever I could in  the  few hours I  seem to be able to whittle out of   my days...
It started in the dining room....  and a shopping trip to Kohl's which produced   this wonderful  tablecloth!
Photobucket.   
So I  "checked" out the   cupboards  and      got an idea!
Photobucket

  Again,   my English     pastoral scenes  with  the Herdsman  driving his sheep through the village    certainly fit the bill!
Out came the  sheep....
Photobucket
  and then everything  came together...

Photobucket\
Photobucket
  It just  seems to   be a prelude to  autumn's     arrival    and  I think it   invites the family to gather  round for   a  special  meal and  time  for memory  making!
Photobucket
  I love the   delightful    wall plates  I picked up for a song at  Walmart today!
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
    Those three wards   tell it all....
  As I was  going through some  framed family photos at mom's home   and was  putting  many away in storage,  I ran across this one and I just had to  keep it out..
Photobucket
The three of us  about 15 years ago...  at a friend's wedding reception....  such a perfect time in our lives...   a busy  family in our prime of life...  Now  our daughter and son-in-law  are a thriving   young  couple    and  Lynn and I have   retired  to   a new phase  of  our lives...   probably busier now  than w e ever thought we'd be....  But  we have much for which to be thankful and   Mainly for  our  wonderful family and   our  home...  Tomorrow  I will   work on a     center piece... that is for another day!    

Also   posting on  
Thursday Favorite Things

4 comments:

  1. Hi Schotzy! What a lovely table and ready for fall. That's a great tablecloth and you'll be able to use it all seasons. I love that pattern of dishes and your little sheep are so darling. I need some sweet sheep.
    Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely fall table and I love how you tied in the dishes with the sheep on the table -- clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pastoral scenes. Beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend and a worshipful Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Ava

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~