Monday, September 3, 2012

Olde World Tabletopper


  Visit Marty at A Stroll Thru Life  for   the  party
Photobucket
Last week I chanced to  have the opportunity to visit  one of my favorite shops   that had moved  locations  to a nearby  town...  I  hadnt  seen  Platagenant Rose for  about a year and when I  was  passing by last week,   Lynn  let me stop in for  just a  minute....     and there it was  this  gorgeous    cloche! 
Photobucket  

It was love at first sight.... The fleur-de-lis details  charmed me.But   what on earth  could I  possible use it for....    I perused my     treasures and there  they were.. the bells Lynn sent from France just about this time of year  back in 1970.  He had  recently arrived in Germany for his tour of duty and I was a Junior in college.. He   went on a weekend  excursion    with  some friends   to Verdun... and  bought two bells.  One for me and one for his mother...   Mine had the cross and the other was  for his dear mom...  she passed away soon after receiving  the bell...   A friend  we met  when we lived in Germany  after we were married   gave  us the Limoges egg..  Three very fitting  items   to show off my lovely  new cloche!.  
Photobucket
I  also  love my  bronze  candelabra....   it  reminds me of  a  menorah  except it has more    candle lights.  I find it very fitting  to use  between  Hanukkah  and  Christmas..and it lends it's Olde World charm to this    vignette!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh your cloche is stunning. I love the gorgeous detail on the base and the fleur de lis on the top is so pretty. The bells are such precious keepsakes and I love the egg. I have two and they are always so special. Beautiful vignette and such a love candleholder too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweetr story, mom! i don't think I knew that about your bells!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~