Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dreamin 'o' me Homeland



 Today my mind is   consumed with the  marvelous  trip we are planning to Ireland  in a few months.. this morning  I actually  enjoyed  a meeting with  several of our friends who are going on this trip with us, and just to be together and  chat about  our expectations  was  so  exciting.  I  didnt realize just how many great friends are going on this trip with us...One o f my favored places we will see is  Waterford.

Mainly because  one of  my family line hails from that  area...  the O'Higgins's!

  So no wonder when  I  picked out my  favorite  Waterford crystal it  was named for  this  gorgeous  Lismore castle.

But  when  we stop by  there I dont intend to    purchase more crystal...  because   we will also be stopping in  

Belleek....   and  I certainly would love to add to my very limited collection  which includes this  delicate  sugar and creamer

and the pitcher  seen above which was passed on to me by  a very dear cousin  before  she left this life.
To  truly commemorate our trip,  this   Bunratty Teapot 

would   be   perfection as we will be  enjoying  a medieval banquet at Bunratty.




Aw, the  glorious dreams and expectations of   a long awaited and longed for  experience of returning to  the homeland..the anticipation  makes the  trip that much more exciting!

A Return to Loveliness

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so excited for you! My hubby is half Irish and he has always wanted to visit Ireland. The green hills of Ireland are much like ours here on PEI. In fact, Robin Mark, an Irish gospel singer comes here about once a year because he loves it so much and he claims it reminds him of his homeland. The teapot is lovely and so is your pitcher. Thank you for sharing your wonderful plans with us at Tea Time and enjoy your evening.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful this trip will be for you connecting with your "roots". Your Belleek pieces are really wonderful and I am so glad you shared them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ireland! I'm so jealous! :)
    I just know you will have so much fun.
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! We love visiting Ireland. You will have a fabulous time. I love Belleek and have a few pieces, but not a teapot. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, a trip to Ireland. It is still just in a dream stage for us. My Father in Law was from Northern Ireland and a trip to visit is on our list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh pretty. I love this. Thanks for sharing and linking with Rose Chintz Cottage so I could find you! I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preparation is half the fun! Can imagine you are looking forward to it all. Pretty teapot on show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a trip I'd love to make!! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exciting adventure to look forward to! Take lots of pictures for us stay-at-homes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~