1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
As an only child, my daddy and grandpa took me fishing quite a lot, especially on Trout season opening day... We'd go up on the Roanoke River and stake out our spot around dawn and stay all day.. I wasn't too afraid of baiting my own hook... I got the hang of it pretty well, and was very excited to catch a fish...although I remember catching an overhanging limb a time or two.
"This is a fine kettle of fish" seems to suit me today... can't really explain why except to say that the enemy of our lives, and king of lies roams about seeking to rob, steal and destroy everything good in life!!
2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
Even though my key chain is huge and heavy and you'd think easy to lay hand to, I can never just fish it out of my purse without having to pretty much empty it of everything else.... drives me nuts!!!!
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?Well, when I was about 8 my family including aunts, uncles and maternal grandparents took a fishing trip in October to Moorehead City NC. Grandpa always said the fish were really bitin' in October even though the gnats were killers!! But our first night out on the pier a huge oil tanker came into port and suddenly caught on fire.. I mean a huge fire and problem was the oil tanks were just right there beyond the dock.. We were standing out on the pier watching helicopters flying over and planes dropping chemicals on the fire... the radios blasted telling the vacationers to be alert to a mandatory island evacuation... but the fishermen were so intent on catching all those fish that the fire was sending our way we were crazily casting, then hauling in tons of fish that night.
When my parents sent me off to bed I remember lying abed and watching the rosy red light reflecting on the walls around me as the fire blazed so very nearby,, and just lying there wondering... and thinking... could we really be blown right off the map of the coast of NC.. THe grown-ups (Grumps) must really like their fish....
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
That answer would be different with each stage of life.... but for me now I am sunrise... My inner clock awakens me right about sunrise everyday.... a hold over from my teaching days... but I do love a slow beginning of a new great day... it means my first cup of coffee and some quiet time with God! To be honest I have sort of deviated from that but it is a real habit I truly want to reinitiate for my life!!
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
It would be a green rubber slicker that is lined with a navy blue bonded fabric that has green whales printed on it.. Can't believe I got it way back in the 70's and I can still wear it... it is indestructible!!!!
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
What winter...?? I do vaguely remember a snow day back in January but that was a rather disappointing one... but even though our weather has been much milder than usual I have been perusing beach rentals for a while... I would love to get a few days in there with our kids when they come visit this year... but not in mid summer.... maybe mid autumn.... I detest hot/humid beach time!!!
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?
Well, I did imbibe one time actually last summer when we were travelling and spending the night in Pa... I had always wondered about them and the restaurant was known for their magaritas and I was feeling sort of adventurous... It was tasty I must say, but even a big gal like me couldnt hold her liquor... I felt so woozy walking to the car, I thought , Oh, my , and people are leaving restaurants all the time driving under the influence like this!! and I only had 1 drink... It made me want to stay home forever!!!! Hate to admit it, but Jimmy Buffet???? I dont know him
I mean... Ive heard of him but that's all I know... his name
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I suppose confession is good for the soul, but I do hope I didnt cause anyone to stumble. I suppose when we 're away from home where no one knows us we may be more likely to try new things.... but I realize readers on here may know about me and I am sorry if my previous answer may have given you reason to question or judge me..