Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge

    
                                                                 
From this Side of the Pond

Hosted by Joyce!

4th of july banner images 2020

1. Are you currently making plans of any kind? What kind? What emotions are associated with the planning process? Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha!
Currently, I am planning to celebrate, just the two of us.. I just did my major shopping in preparation. I am hoping to do  a nice meal much like my mom would fix,  I am planning steak kabobs,  potato salad,  and slaw.  I am trying to  do  a much more alkaline diet  to combat the reflux taht I hae developed.  Blegh!  Always something!   We ahd nothing to cancel...  no one is  planning any get togethers apparently.  Due to you know what!


Steak Kebabs - A Flavorful Steak Recipe! - Cooking Classy

2. Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively?


I saw stars the other day when  HUbs was taking the  windshild screen out and the   hard corner of the visor flipped  back just as I was a getting in..  The collision  was  a bit  harsh!  I thought I'd have a black eye!

3. Blueberries yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberry pancakes, or blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure?

I love blueberries, used to love to pick them but now  we can buy them in large quantities and we  freeze them. They last all year for us!    We love blueberry pancakes and, also,  in our  fruited yogurt in the morning!



4. swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate?


I'm not a swimmer,  so it would have to be  makes my head swim which has happened quite a bit..  my  sinuses  have given me  headaches and sometimes when I rise too quickly,  my head swims.


5. Sum up your June in a single sentence.

Medical visits  comprised all of our outings in June!  Bah!


6.  Insert your own random thought here.After the kids moved  to New England,  and then my parents  were  in unable to  join in festivities, Lynn and I learned    how to celebrate  alone. So this covid  quarantine hasnt hit us that very hard.. I looked back at   July of 2012.. and it looked like we got along jsut fine!







5 comments:

  1. Glad you are adjusting/adjusted to celebrating with two! Love your table setting! Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I have not missed much during this time of isolation either. We enjoy each other's company and have learned to give the other the space they need. Your table from 2012 looks wonderful. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those steak kabobs look fantastic! Hope you enjoy the 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not a great way to see stars! I hope your 4th is a happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those steak kabobs look delicious. Random fact (LOL) we call them kebabs over here (England) but I think kabobs sounds so much cuter.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...