Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesday Hodge Podge




From this Side of the Pond

Hosted by Joyce!

1. The sweetness of summer...where have you found it recently? If you're in the Southern hemisphere, feel free to find some sweetness in your winter.

Well,  I have enjoyed  the sweetness of blueberries and finally  the North Carolina cantaloups are coming in!  But  the true sweetness in our lives  comes from our precious  girls


 

Doodle Bug and Birdie
along with  their  very sweet momma!





2. Take your sweet time, sweet tooth, home sweet home, short but sweet, the sweet smell of success, sweet talk...choose a sweet idiom and tell us how it fits your life currently?  I suppose it would be"take your sweet time"  there certainly isn't any reason in our lives to rush ...enjoy each day and  smell the roses along the way!

3. Sweet as honey, sweet as sugar, or sweet as pie, which phrase do you use when a sweet phrase is called for? What's the last sweet treat you indulged in?  I have been more known for  actually saying sweet as pie  especially would speaking of our sweeties!!! The last sweet treat I enjoyed was  last night when I ate  my  daiy allotment of vanilla wafers (9).  I do suffer from a sweet tooth.. and I love to let vanilla wafers  just  melt on my tongue...just enough sweetness!

4. First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fidget?  OH, my, it brings back memories of 17 years ago  when I taught 3rd and 4th grade...  oh, yes,  8 and 9 year olds certainly know about fidgeting!  After 30 years  of their company,  I'd say fidgeting was  one of their mastered  activities!

5. Share with us one of your favorite childhood travel memories.I love my  family,  we didnt    have everything ,  but we had    waht we needed.  ..and my mother  sacreificed  to make sure we ahd a nice piano and  paino lessons for me..  Music was  very important to her.  Well, going on family vacations was very important to daddy. When I was in the fourth grade and  began studying history,  we  drove to Richmond, on to Williamsburg and Jamestown then on to Washington, DC.  It was a whirlwind,  but it was amazing.

The next year we  drove all the way down the Parkway to the Smokey's.  We stopped at lookout and venues along the parkway,   I have  fun photos of  log cabins,   picnic grounds,  with  amazing views, and one of my very favorite memories was  when daddy walked me from our hotel in Gatlinburg   across the street   to the pancake house where I bought breakfast for all three of us  and  we carried it back to the hotel and  served mama in bed.  She was so surprised..  She thought we were just letting her sleep in!. I was  very proud of myself. Virginia State Capitol | Ten Buildings That Changed America | WTTW ...  Williamsburg, Virginia - Wikipedia  Jamestown - Virginia Is For Lovers


Washington, D.C. | Blank Rome LLP

GATLINBURG, TN TENNESSEE RAINBOW MOTEL Multi~Pool~Room ROADSIDE ... 3 of the Best Smoky Mountain Restaurants for Breakfast

6. Insert your own random thought here.I am thinking to make my daughter's birthday cake   when they come..  I know she loves strawberries  s I am thinking perhaps a Victoria Sponge cake with strawberries!
Triple-layer berry Victoria sponge - The Happy Foodie

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy Nilla Wafers every now and then. (the Nabisco kind) I've also enjoyed some blueberries from our bushes, and am sad that they're gone.

    Your childhood travel memories were sweet. It sounds like you are blessed.

    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are adorable. Vanilla Wafers are a favorite of my husbands. Those are lovely memories you have from traveling when you were younger. That sponge cake and strawberries looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...