Monday, June 22, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more
For Today...June 22, 2009
Outside my window...
a new day is dawning. It is 5:30am and all is quiet except for the morning call of the mockingbird.
I am thinking...
What a productive week I have before me, and what a beautiful day we had yesterday!
I am thankful for...
my parents that even though they are 86 and 90 respectively God has enabled them to still be fun and able minded. Praise the Lord!!!
From the kitchen...
no definitely plans as of yet!
I am wearing...
green shorts and my new white tee
I am reading...
Mark Levine's best selling book, Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto that amanda sent Lynn for Father's Day!
I am hoping...
have some serious time for Bible study this week. That means I limit my time on here!!!!!
I am praying...
for Amanda's new job for which she starts work tomorrow.
Around the house...
Ironing, dusting, general pickup, basically! Stopping by the carpet shot to see about an estimate for a new kitchen floor!
One of my favorite things...
coffee out with friends!
Photobucket
Plans for the rest of the week...
Monday: get my allergy shot, meet the prayer group at church around 2 to meet with the pastor about where we go from here on the prayer room
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Ageless Bible study, appreciation dinner for Pastor Chip... he preaches his last sermon with us on Sunday..I so hate to lose him. He is retiring from ministry and moving home to Georgia after 25 years of ministry. oth sets of aging parents as well as other issues have brought this about. He will be terribly missed.
Thursday: Lead a study group with our prayer team on the book, Decree.
Friday:
Saturday:
Here is a picture I'd like to share with you...
I looked out the studio window last week and saw a wonderful site... the fence was been replaced....finally!
Photobucket
Now doesnt that look so much better.
Photobucket
I cant believe how much just our part set us back on that little improvement! We won't go there! Just admire how much better it does look!

2 comments:

  1. The fence looks GREAT! So glad that you all went ahead and got it taken care of! It really looks fantastic and I'm sure the whole side yard looks better with it (and a little bit less like a hurricane just rolled through!).

    Love you and hope you have a good week!
    Amanda :)

    PS- I love your new little profile picture-- that's definitely you behind a camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Not sure if my last comment went through!) Anyway, the fence looks great and I'm sure the whole side-yard looks a lot better now. How exciting to be completing these big projects! Now it looks a little more like a real side-yard and a little less like a hurricane just went through! ;)

    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~