Friday, June 5, 2009

MY Wonderful Day

What a fabulous morning! The P. Buckley Moss Society which honors the astoundingly beautiful work of Moss the artist, and which provides altruistic endeavors around our fair city met today at the Taubman Museum of Art. Ms. Moss honored us with her presence as we toured the new museum. (Click on her name to see her wonderful art!)

Photobucket

Here is Ms. Moss, in white, pictured with our illustrious president, Linda.

The museum is just wonderful. I especially loved the Florentine Gallery. This olde world art was exquiste in detail and storyline.

Photobucket

This harlequin piece first caught my eye. We couldnt use a flash of course and my shots are not that good.

Photobucket
The blue gallery housed 17th century art of the most exquisitely realistic quality which I
love best.
Photobucket
The American Gallery was dominated by Sanger's Norah, this gorgeous rather impressionistic piece.
Photobucket
My eye kept drifting back to the more realistic works of the Blue gallery!
Photobucket
Another highlighted these gorgeous spheroids~
Photobucket
Inside each sphere a ladies purse beaded with Austrian crystals.
One of our cities patronesses donated 150 of these purses for display!
Photobucket
Then we had a delightful luncheon in the Norah Bistro.
Our dear artist signed small miniatures she passed out to us.
Photobucket
We then retired to the art shop where Moss is signing all afternoon. I was able to get my framed piece we bought over 30 years ago signed on the glass!
The museum is quite an architechural wonder! Tucked right into a cosy corner in downtown it amuses every traveller on the interstate as they whiz past.
Photobucket
Credit: Timothy Hursley
But even though it was an extremely drear day my favorite roanoke site is seen peering in at the window.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful art and those mini purses are exquisite!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your blog is so very lovely! I feel refreshed and inspired by my visit.

    I am so thankful to find other Christian women. I began blogging about four months ago, and since that time, I have had the privilege of getting to know many wonderful women of God.

    Your images here are beautiful! And I see you have Irish heritage! So amazing! Most of my heritage is English, though I do have some Scottish and Irish.

    Many blessings to you in the name of our dear Savior.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~